• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

electrical vs computer software

Reaction score
salam everyone,
i needed some advice as to which of these has better scope in pakistan and abroad.i have been accepted to GIK and am stuck in deciding whether to go with electrical or computer software.electrical has been famous for a long time so i have heard many people recommend it but i have also received very good remarks on computer engineering and i have asked many former students and they are really happy with it they say the pay is high you can work alone no need to look for a job in the conventional sense of the phrase (ofcourse you have to search for companies wanting new softwares and stuff like this but youre not bound) also i have seen many students working while they are studying this and getting a good income.the thing is i dont think i would want to go out of pakistan right after gaining my degree or even if it would be possible because obviously i would need a job first.so i wanted some advice as to which i should prefer.
please reply asap
any help is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
lol, i was also in the same confusion before some days. now i have made my decision!
nd i decided it on the following base:
the most imp thing u need to consider is ur own interest! no wonder CS has better future than EE, but u have to ask urself, are u really into comp stuff? if so,then go for it. otherwise EE!

Reaction score
Both courses are well and good in particular place. First of all you have to decide your own interest in particular field that is most important thing to success in your field. Nowadays computer software has better than electrical engineering in abroad but you should decide your area of interest.

Reaction score
yeah..................depends upon ur own interest ............... one can only work better where he has interest in.

Reaction score
As we all are aware that today world is totally depend upon the technical things, well both electrical and computer software are in demand but the demand for the computer software is more and the job opportunities are also more in this field, if a person has the good and the better knowledge of developing the software then he will always gain success.