• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

End time revision to just pass the History and islamiat exam

Reaction score
Im appearing in on lvls pakstudies and islamiat just for the sake of having an equivilance certificate. The islamiat paper is just 3 dais away can sum1 guide me do i have any option what to study for islamiat and what i can leave on choice? and how many surahs i must learn the xplaination of?

And in history will i be able to pass if i just stufy the history from the mughals to war of independence and then 1947 onwards? and skip the middle part cuz i find it difficult :S... nd is it gonna be okay if i just write the answers in story form without any dates?

Reaction score
Re: End time revision to just pass the History and islamiat

since u dont have time do all surahs of Allah in himself that is first 6
leavve imamat and do only 3 wives... do descendants.
thats it

Reaction score

what abt history?? shall i leave emergence of pakistan part?? nd wher can i find history frm 1988-1999 online??

Reaction score

Naa, the struggle for Pakistan is a very important section and this time 4 questions are expected to come from section 1 and 2. So now what you have to do for history is that just do section 1 and 2 only. Give the book a thorough reading 2-3 times, and its going to be enough, its hardly going to take 3 hrs each time you read. But when attempting the paper read the question as many times you can, because at times questions are very tricky! This is it!
Just for an idea for the paper do this: http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/Cambridge O Levels/2059 - Pakistan Studies/2059_y10_sp_1.pdf

Reaction score

I don't understand!! Some say that Section 3 is important this year (Junaid Akhtar) and some say Section 1 and 2 are important. Still I have prepared for Section 1 and 2 only thoroughly and went through Section 3 just briefly...

Reaction score

Its absolutely alright! Believe me you'll do great!

Reaction score

Oh my.. ive just prepared for history till WOI and thn after 1947.. u lot tellin more questions will be based on the middle part? :SS... ive never read that part in my life .. well.. ill have a look to it then.. And are you saying reading the whole nigel kelly takes only 3 houars??.. with understanding??.. no way ..

Reaction score

I've done it, believe me give it a try dude! But with FULL CONCENTRATION!

Reaction score

k.. ill give it a shot ,, but its impossible to learn all the dates abnd names.. ill just know the story...

and wa u guys rekon just reading farkhanda noor for islamiat will be enuf??

Reaction score

u dont have have enough time ro read any other book than farkhanda noors just do Quran and Hadith thoroughly and the above told topics. U will do just fine.

Reaction score

Actually, the only way they're going to give you marks is if you demonstrate the assessment objectives. If you demonstrate more, they'll give you an A. Basically, use your time left learning the story and understanding the timeline, and a few dates. Just think hard during the exam and pretend you know what you're talking about. All you have to do is answer what the question is asking you. i.e. If they ask you why an event was unimportant, just dream up any bogus reason that fits and write it(make it convincing though). They WILL give you marks just so long as you seem to be demonstrating the assessment objectives.

Reaction score

Try yasmin malik for sources of law and ethics, but do the biography from farkhanda noor.
Good luck!

Reaction score

For Islamiat, the best book in my opinion is Farkhanda Noor Muhammad. When I looked at the marking schemes after preparing from the book, I found that the points were all the same in marking scheme

Reaction score

u dont have have enough time ro read any other book than farkhanda noors just do Quran and Hadith thoroughly and the above told topics. U will do just fine.

Balaj bhai.. quran and hidith carry only 8 marks.. so im not paying much attention to it..

I have calculated i can read all the material in farkhanda noor related to paper 1 in 4 hours theoretically :D.. so if read it twice ill b ready for the exam right?.. and maybe practice one or two past paperz :)

And about question one related to surahs can someone tell me which part of the farkhanda noor's explaination related to part (a) of the quetion.. i.e the THEME and which part of the explaination in farkhanda noor is part (b) of the first question?....

AND.. how many surahs can i leave not to study for choice?.. I checked out the JUNE and NOV 2009 papers.. all the 3 surahs given in each paper were from one section. .. does that means i can leave one section of surahs?.. And since the has syllabus change no surah is given from the first section in year 2009.. ' Allah himself' . Does dis hav more chances of coming tommorow?

Reaction score

bump.

EdIt: Oh other topics are stikied :l

Reaction score

U took me wrong by QURAN and HADITH i meant their compilation and improtance legal thinking and that. and it is a compulsory question in both papers and hold 14 marks.