• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English 1123

Reaction score
I'm going to appear in 2013 may June examination. I want help in English. Although I'm good at comprehensions but it's pretty hard for me to cope with paper 1 especially section B. I'm working hard for my story writing but I'm not satisfied with my work. My language is although good but I find it really hard to construct theme. I'm always told for jumbling up ideas. So I want someone to help or advice me about how to build up good theme according to passage and also the way to work hard for my paper 2. I really wanna score A* in English. :)

Reaction score
You just need to be creative in English and avoid grammar mistake. Some sample essays which I wrote are attached. Hope you find them useful.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 165
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 163.jpg
    163.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 160
Reaction score
i think da focus should be on the making up of da idea......climax is really important and it must be kept in mind to tell da actual theme at da end.....using phrasal verbs and complex sentence structure will also make a story attractive....

Reaction score
For P1 narratives, i think its the storyline which makes the difference..... try to surprise the examiner (especially in the climax - end on a different tone - avoid cliches ;) )
P2 its basically practice i think - read lots as weellll for vocabulary....
Gud Luck!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I would suggest not to focus so much on decorating your work with flowery language. Instead go for using simple and clear language to convey your ideas. Examiners would prefer a clear and comprehensive account over a vague and overly stuffed vocab. Read books. Novels are a great help in improving the expression. As for the plot building, that will come with reading naturally.
Try to be natural when you write. Practice with patience and get it checked by someone who points out your mistakes and corrects them. Keep writing. It will help.
For grammar I think, it's not much of a help to go for grammar exercises. You improve your grammar through reading novels.
So it's like the more you read the better you get :)

Good luck :)

Reaction score
Thanks for a helpful advice but I'm worried that how can I strengthenize my theme construction by reading novels when there is no more than a month ??

Reaction score
Then I would suggest reading short stories. They would help maybe. There is this book called, "stories of ourselves" it is a good book with really good short stories. You might want to go through it, I am sure it will help.
Other then that, I would also suggest surfing the web. You will find amazing stuff written by people. And reading stuff by other people is a great way of bringing improvement in your own work. :)

Reaction score
Then I would suggest reading short stories. They would help maybe. There is this book called, "stories of ourselves" it is a good book with really good short stories. You might want to go through it, I am sure it will help.
Other then that, I would also suggest surfing the web. You will find amazing stuff written by people. And reading stuff by other people is a great way of bringing improvement in your own work. :)
Thanks, well I must try this now!!

Reaction score
^^ written by me, if it was written by my teacher, i'd have been too outstanding, I was taught my one of the best teachers I've ever known. :')
Anyways, back to the topic because it doesn't really matter.

Reaction score
Your such a great writer, that last narrative was the best and so touching especially the last part! WOW I'm out of words, I hope i could write the same quality in my english paper on monday!

Reaction score
Have any one got IGCSE English as a Second Language books, I want them completed not just a part of the book . Thanks

Reaction score
I am giving First Language...!! And its quite easy i scored A* in my mocks... In sha Allah in CIE i will also score A*