• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English 1st language IGCSE

NIM

Reaction score
I sincerely think Narrative is the most difficult. It involves a lot of creativity and lots of examiners are strict on that unless it is really original.
So I recommend everyone not to do it unless they are amazing at it. :eek:

Take an easier route and chose Argumentative. You just need to jot down ideas.
Or, Descriptive. If you are good in vocabulary and can describe things well.
Discursive if you are really good at debating. ;)
Em having exam after 1 hr...
Plz do pray fr me... :D

Good luck.

Btw, what are the exam differences for English for everyone? Mine is about 10 hours from now. So if anyone has their exam before me.
Please do give me some raw tips if it's a report or whatever :D Thanks!

Reaction score
Today em having 3 exams .... (two clashing)...

Nothing is impossible if you believe in your self... RIGHTT?? :p So go and shine... some people perform better under pressure :)

On 8th May the first day there were three exams... French, Business Studies And Math!
Mine is in T- 5 hours :)
AnD hopefully ATleast in English people wont CHEAT or ask for an unfair advantage!

What i have heard is that arguementative has high expectations of pointz of views and counter points... in that situation it might be hard :p
Discursive is easier with both sides to be discussed.... and is worth attempting for 25 marks..
and narrative yes is very TRICKY.... the question might sound easy but to end a story and even begin one in this word limit is beyond shakespeare himself :p

~I am not afraid ~ "May the oddz be ever in your favour!"

Reactions: NIM

NIM

Reaction score
Nothing is impossible if you believe in your self... RIGHTT?? :p So go and shine... some people perform better under pressure :)

On 8th May the first day there were three exams... French, Business Studies And Math!
Mine is in T- 5 hours :)
AnD hopefully ATleast in English people wont CHEAT or ask for an unfair advantage!

What i have heard is that arguementative has high expectations of pointz of views and counter points... in that situation it might be hard :p
Discursive is easier with both sides to be discussed.... and is worth attempting for 25 marks..
and narrative yes is very TRICKY.... the question might sound easy but to end a story and even begin one in this word limit is beyond shakespeare himself :p

~I am not afraid ~ "May the oddz be ever in your favour!"
thnx dude..........

Reaction score
Did the exam.

Good luck to everyone else.
Do please pray for me and my results.

Inshallah A*s. Ameen :)

Meg

Reaction score
the report? :p
I had an interview XD
It was real sexy!
which varient is yours?
mine is 22 :)

Reaction score
Did paper 21 today! The writer's effect was weird but hoping for an A* inshAllah! >.< The report was okay; I don't get why people find it difficult. The summaries went awesome (Atleast I think so)

Meg

Reaction score
Im glad it went well :)
Did paper 21 today! The writer's effect was weird but hoping for an A* inshAllah! >.< The report was okay; I don't get why people find it difficult. The summaries went awesome (Atleast I think so)

Reaction score
How many words did u choose for 2a and 2b?I found it rele weird, and somehow my effects were all similar.

Reaction score
How many words did u choose for 2a and 2b?I found it rele weird, and somehow my effects were all similar.
I don't remember the number of words...but the effect as a whole was of impending doom right? :p And for 2) b) the rain was heavy, loud, big waves..stuff like that? I really haate writer's effect, it's like writing description for composition

Reaction score
I don't remember the number of words...but the effect as a whole was of impending doom right? :p And for 2) b) the rain was heavy, loud, big waves..stuff like that? I really haate writer's effect, it's like writing description for composition
Inbox, I don't think we cn discuss it here yet

Reaction score
The writer's effects was hard.
What did you guys write for it, like the theme etc?

I might lose marks there :/ Pray for me! :) Inshallah A*, Ameen.

Btw, I'm pretty sure we can discuss. The paper is over anyway.