• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH FORMATS

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me all the formats for the directed writing part in English?

Reaction score
yaar i only no d formal letter

senders adress
leave a l9
sendees adress
leave a l9
date
leave a l9
salutation
leave a l9
body mostly 3 paragrafs
yours sincerely
signature

Reaction score
can any1 tell me the informal letter format and all kinds of reports formats?

Reaction score
i think its like this
Senders adress
leave a lp
date
leave a l9
salutation

body
NOTE:i still want u 2 cunfirm these formats from a more reliable source.and also that sometimes the question asks you to start from DEAR SIR/MADAM in that case theres no format jus write dear sir and then fron the next l9 start the letter

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
General guidelines for directed writing:

· Always read the question carefully and highlight what you are required to do.

· Use the 45 minutes allocated for this question wisely.

· Plan your essay and organise your thoughts (including what to write and how to elaborate points).

· Always read through what you have written and make amendments where necessary. Rectify grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.

· Use all the points given. It is advisable to cross out the points you have used to be sure none is left out.

· Include points of your own only if you are asked to. Otherwise, do not waste precious time doing so because you will not get extra marks.

· Elaborate on the points given. Remember, a crucial aspect of this paper is language and your ability to write can only be tested if you provide sufficient language for the examiner to gauge your linguistic ability.

· Use a variety of sentence structures so that your essay is not dull and monotonous.

· Include an introduction and conclusion and make sure your paragraphs are well organised.