• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Help

Reaction score
Can some one give me some tips on Paper 2 english. Kind of suck at writing summaries

Reaction score
Well, to write a good summary, the first thing you must do is read the prompt of the question and understand perfectly what is it (sometimes they are 2 prompts separated by an AND) Next thing is try to make sure you underlined or showed somehow at least 6 IDEAS and then try your best to write most of them in your own words while making sure the idea is still the same. By the way, it is highly recommended that you summarize the ideas according to the time sequence they are mentioned in the text (can't say it is wrong if you didn't do this but just be on the safe side). I think that's all...Oh and also when you summarize the ideas, try to link them using linking words while keeping an eye on the word limit!! A good introduction is around 2 lines. Well, good luck in your exam and hope it helped! I'm doing mine tomorrow so I guess you're doing it too....Best of the luck!

Reaction score
Can some one give me some tips on Paper 2 english. Kind of suck at writing summaries
Well summaries are tough but then you must remember that you should answer according to the question given to you. Never in your life should you use examples unless they ask you to. for example: you should not write : the frogs were croaking in the wild BUT you should write the amphibians were croaking in the wild. This will help you gain marks because if frog is used in the passage then you are not advised to use the same words. Hope this helps but again remember no matter where you read it never use examples from the passage.