• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English language help neeeded

Reaction score
Hey, I'm doing olevel english totally on my own, and im appearing in june 2012, please guide me how to study and all, any notes? i'm reading alot of newspapers and novels for the vocabulary, is it okay to do it on my own? or i should take tutions for it? i'm a private candidate.

Reaction score
The cambridge O level english revision guide.

Do this book, and the A is all yours.

Reaction score
In paper 1 always attempt narrative writing other types are more technical and hard to score.

Reaction score
well, its a big cliche, but reading really IS the best way to improve you'r writing skills and ace the exam. other than that, keep practicing the new paper pattern, since it's made the paper a bit tough now.
Avoid choosing essay topics in Paper 1. Their the trickiest of all and u'll have ALOT of chances on losing marks there. And while writing a narrative story, use as less dialogues as possible. Most people tend to cram their stories full of dialogues, but that doesn't get u marks.
Lastly, just be careful about the small details. Like, according to the new paper pattern, u'll have to write summary points in boxes before the actual summary, so be careful and don't write the points OUTSIDE the box. They won't be considered.....

Reaction score
I think it should work. Aim for continuous improvement in your style of writing in essays (opt for narrative and descriptive ones) and standard of answers in the comprehension questions. Get notes on formats of all directed writing tasks, and also any on essays that you may find. Good luck!

Reaction score
If you have relatively good english you need no tuition's
I got an A* without tuition's

By relatively good english means you dont have a lot of spelling mistakes and poor grammar
and especially you dont refer to a he by saying she

if you need any help dont hesitate to PM me

Reaction score
^^Relatively good English would also mean that you spell tuitions without an apostrophe. :p

Reaction score
lol abcde

What should we do then.....humbly return the A* i got to CaMbRiDGe ???

:D

I think NOT !