• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English language

Reaction score
hello,
i am appearing for english language this oct/nov 2010
my comprehension is quite good but i fell like my composition paper is just a little weak

so i am looking for tips from anybody who got A or A *
should your story be outstanding +++ to get a A / A * grade?

Reaction score
WELL.............I am also appearing this session.
-dont do many spelling,grammar n other mistakes like of tenses.
-make paragraphs
-good vocabulary (not necessarily extremely great words)
-sentence structure should be good too
-have an interesting story ...........should sustain interest of the reader from beginning till end
n much more......................ANY A* STUDENT ????? He/She may provide more tips :D

Reaction score
Im also appearing now!!! Tips I have are that there should be a variety of sentence forms and varied lengths of paragraphs. I also hear that you should not write a story rather you should write an argumentative, descriptive, or persuasive essay. this yields more marks. Anyone who can authenticate this idea?

Reaction score
WELL YOUSAF C STORY or descriptive essay Z EASY TO RIGHT AND CHANCES OF GETTING MARKS ARE MORE HERE BECAUSE u can collect enough ideas and write effectively.it may be difficult to gather points for arguments and collect enough to convince the examiner.thats what i have..................further its on u................which of u find which one easier.( i dont reject yousaf c's idea) :D

Reaction score
I like descriptive and narratives as well. I think ill go for descriptive if given the choice. What ive heard is that in stories candidates get carried away and off the topic.

Reaction score
yeah it happens that u may get off the track...............BUT DONT GET OFF THE TRACK.well in descriptive i may find it difficult to write so many words just describing. ;)

Reaction score
writing a story is the most easiest one :)
for the description essay you need to have very heavy vocabulary and effectively use your 5 sences but in story writing your theme and orginization of story is mainly checked :)

some people think that if we add more and more good vocabolary the get would grasp more marks but infact this is not true .
right use of vocablary on the right place is more important :)

one can get more marks by
-writing sentences of various lengths
-using a variety of sentence structures(simple , complex ,compound)
-use a wide vocabulary
-use of idioms
-unity and linkage between paragraphs
-punctuate accurately and helpfully
-spell accurately over the full range of vocabulary used
-relevance between essay and topic
-should develope readers interest
-dialoges atleast 1 or 2
-chractirizaion
-setting of the plot well developed

Reaction score
another thing which i may add z that we shud not use any word unless we know its correct meaning or correct spellings..............find any other word meaning the same to avoid any mistake . :)

Reaction score
moreover ur paragraphs should be linked u must use simple english dont try to impress examiner by using difficult words just stay focused to given topic and avoid spelling and grammar mistakes

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
WELL.............I am also appearing this session.
-dont do many spelling,grammar n other mistakes like of tenses.
-make paragraphs
-good vocabulary (not necessarily extremely great words)
-sentence structure should be good too
-have an interesting story ...........should sustain interest of the reader from beginning till end
n much more......................ANY A* STUDENT ????? He/She may provide more tips :D

I did all of the above in my paper but guess what, I appeared three times in English Language and got C grade everytime I appeared! -_-

Reaction score
well ............maybe thats what u think...............u think that there are no mistakes of ANY kind...............i didnt say that this thing guarantees A* or A.......JUST taking care of these things you can get lesser marks to be cut................or in other case u might have done a BIG MISTAKE............these are the things which are required by any english examiner........if u have done these there must be some other mistake. HOPE ITS CLEAR NOW?