• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2 discussion!

Reaction score
How many marks would they deduct if i just made 10 points and not 15 in the summary? And is it necessary to make 15 points?

Reaction score
wrote true, not stated, true. Last one was true because it stated the inner bark had to be scraped off and all that, in the passage it was written first the outer bark had to be removed then the inner bark to get the cinammon thing. So it had mentioned the inner bark so i think it was true.

Reaction score
I wrote 17 points and summarised them into 159 words. Close to no wording change in points, while I change key words in the summary (grammar looked perfect/good to me). Can I expect to get 25/25 in Section A? (I got the True/False + Opinions right)
Woah, that's exactly what I did.
And yeah you may. :D

Reaction score
You.. you can leave early?! I was told you can't!! I finished the paper in an hour and sat there screwing with my pen for the next 45 minutes. Took a nap as well, it was quite nice.

Paper 2 wasn't all that hard and all the questions were straight forward. Summary might have been a little time consuming but as long as you covered all the points you noted down in first portion of it. You should be fine. My problem was I went over the word limit by 30 words. Oh well. Wasn't the summary itself only worth like 5 marks anyway?

A tip for managing your time. Before you even begin reading the passages or writing, look through the questions in the entirety of the paper. This lets you be aware of what questions you can easily answer and which you cannot. Divide your time appropriately after making a calm judgement. In some occasions it is better to skip questions altogether that seem far too time consuming, leaving them for last until you finish everything else first. Another method is to look nearby for what seems to be an intelligent student. Set him as your rival. i.e, "I have to complete section A before he does." Competition always spices things up. Good luck for the chemistry exam tomorrow!
Yeah, that reading the questions first a good technique. It really helps you to formulate your answers while reading the passage. I did the same. :)