• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2 discussion!

Reaction score
What was the answer to first question i.e Why was the ship groaning?
Why did their mother disapprove?
And would Esme not like the country?
What I wrote was
1: The ship was at it's max passenger capacity and also because it was about to leave the harbor
2: Her mother disapproved because the girls were wearing one dress over another (that's the only answer I could think)
3: (I don't remember this question xD)

Reaction score
What I wrote was
1: The ship was at it's max passenger capacity and also because it was about to leave the harbor
2: Her mother disapproved because the girls were wearing one dress over another (that's the only answer I could think)
3: (I don't remember this question xD)
I wrote the ship was groaning because it was full
Their mother disapproved because they were struggling and esme didn't like the country because people their thought they were beggars just because they didn't have good clothes.

Reaction score
i finished my paper 30 minutes early...nd i think it wwas pretty gud;)...i m an Astar student at english...i hope i get an A in cie ....inshallah on A star i ll die because of the sublime happiness.......

Reaction score
These questions are quite annoying, there's no telling which answer is wrong or right. xD
their mother dissaproved because they were wearing too much dresses...and they already had little so they should save...also the ship was groaning as a warning indication that it is about to leave...their mother was waving because she was saying goodbye to the country they were leaving now...the word was seesaw...

Reaction score
their mother dissaproved because they were wearing too much dresses...and they already had little so they should save...also the ship was groaning as a warning indication that it is about to leave...their mother was waving because she was saying goodbye to the country they were leaving now...the word was seesaw...
She dissaproved because the girls were struggling to put on the little clothes they were supposed to wear. They had many clothes before in their old country.
Groaning is usually an indication of pain. As it was carrying its max capacity of passengers, it was groaning

Reaction score
If you are right, i got all wrong xD
except the goodbye and seesaw ones.

Reaction score
If you are right, i got all wrong xD
except the goodbye and seesaw ones.
dnt worry, u may be right...cuz whenever i used to answer comprehension questions in class..my teacher used to say"i have teached the same book for 25 years,never ever have i heard an answer like that..." i m mostly right but in a different way..so pray to god that we both are right.....ameenn

Reaction score
what was the answer for why was thier grandma unnecessarily worried?
what was the word?
why did kitty squeeze her sister's hand?
why was their mother waving her hand?

what was esme's feeling toward the place?
why was kitty desperately ill?
what was the writers aspect about the previous place they lived in????

why did they seem like beggers?
what did esme learn about venturing?
what did their mother disaprove?

the word was seesaw
kitty squeezed hand for support and encouragement
mother was saying goodbye to the country they were leaving
the ship was groaning because it reached its maximum capacity of passangers
writer wanted to show it was warm and suny
their mother dissaproved their strugling for clothes
she seemed beggers because they were not dressed properly
esme had mixed feelings...she was feeling gud about her health and bad that she was the only one in good health.
the towel was hung so that kitty could not see the sea
the unsteady sea waves caused the ship such movements...

these are the answers to the questions i remember

Reaction score
the word was seesaw
kitty squeezed hand for support and encouragement
mother was saying goodbye to the country they were leaving
the ship was groaning because it reached its maximum capacity of passangers
writer wanted to show it was warm and suny
their mother dissaproved their strugling for clothes
she seemed beggers because they were not dressed properly
esme had mixed feelings...she was feeling gud about her health and bad that she was the only one in good health.
the towel was hung so that kitty could not see the sea
the unsteady sea waves caused the ship such movements...

these are the answers to the questions i remember
Most of these answers are what I wrote xD Except for that seesaw, instead I wrote staggering !

Reaction score
lolz..:).....waisay i chose the option 2 in paper 1....vo visitors wala.....uss waqt exam pressure ki waja say koi story click nhi ho rahi thi aur Discoveries par kuch mil nhi raha tha...wat did u choose??