• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH PAPER 2

Reaction score
Also while answering any question of the comprehension having two marks, write your answer in two points:
Ans: John felt this way because:
(i) ........
(ii) .......
If you miss out on this crucial step and only separate the points with an "and" or full stop, the examiner will regard it as one point only and hence you will lose marks!
i thought we were not allowed to write our answer in points in cie???

Reaction score
dunt v even have the liberty to go about 5 words above or below the word limit like 155 or 165?
and for answering the comprehension do v have to quote the question : for example: Amir felt this way because:-------and then continue the answr????

Reaction score
no no these are not in points form; they hv to be in fully formed sentences but they just ask u to separate ur reasons like number 1 nd number 2
umm was i able to comprehend ur question clearly enough? or u still dunt get it??

Reaction score
are we to mention the points of summary SAME as mentioned in the content given? [i know that we have to write continuous summary in or own words but i am talking about summary points.]
u can copy exact words as long as they r right. or u can use ur own words

Reaction score
are we to mention the points of summary SAME as mentioned in the content given? [i know that we have to write continuous summary in or own words but i am talking about summary points.]
in summary points you just have to copy/paste the text...

Reaction score
dunt v even have the liberty to go about 5 words above or below the word limit like 155 or 165?
and for answering the comprehension do v have to quote the question : for example: Amir felt this way because:-------and then continue the answr????

Points in the sense you have to separate your answer into two distinct points. However they have to be fully formed sentences.
You can only use phrases if you quote the question in the beginning, and that is completely up to you.

Reaction score
Whata about those Two Reasons etc. questions. Our teacher told us to write it in the following format:

A:
B:

Can anyone shed some light on it, I kinda don't remember what our teacher explained :p

Reaction score
i have 3 questions

1) i know v shudnt exceed the word limit in summary but if v wirte a summay of lets say 140 or 130 words would v b penalized??
2) in questions where its not written "write in ur own words" can v copy paste sum lines??
3) can v start ana answer wd "because"..??
another questions :p
4) do v have to continue from the question lyk "she said this because...??"

Reaction score
in summary points you just have to copy/paste the text...
u can copy exact words as long as they r right. or u can use ur own words
Points in the sense you have to separate your answer into two distinct points. However they have to be fully formed sentences.
You can only use phrases if you quote the question in the beginning, and that is completely up to you.
no no these are not in points form; they hv to be in fully formed sentences but they just ask u to separate ur reasons like number 1 nd number 2
umm was i able to comprehend ur question clearly enough? or u still dunt get it??
all right. thanks alot:)

Reaction score
(i) If script is entirely verbatim lift give 0 for content.
this is mentioned in marking scheme june 11. what is actually meant by it?

Reaction score
i have 3 questions

1) i know v shudnt exceed the word limit in summary but if v wirte a summay of lets say 140 or 130 words would v b penalized??
2) in questions where its not written "write in ur own words" can v copy paste sum lines??

1) No you won't be. The examiner considers this as the candidate penalizing themselves as the summary points may or may not be fully covered in less than 160 words.
2) Yes you can but make sure that your copying the write ones and your answer makes sense. To avoid mistakes, try lifting the relevant part only/
3) Yup
4) Its up to you.

(i) If script is entirely verbatim lift give 0 for content.
this is mentioned in marking scheme june 11. what is actually meant by it?

What was the question?

Reaction score
i have 3 questions

ANS 1) if your summary is of 130 words it wouldnt be penalised but then you have to make sure that atleast fifteen summary points are included...and in order to write a good summary you add connecying words too so all in all it does sum up to 160 usually.
2) Yes you can do the lift of line IF relevant.
3)Yes you can also start an answer with 'because' BUT in the following manner: "...because"
4) You can also write "She said this because" instead of writing the whole story which only uses up your space.

Hope this helped :)

Reaction score
yeah,, man
Also while answering any question of the comprehension having two marks, write your answer in two points:
Ans: John felt this way because:
(i) ........
(ii) .......
If you miss out on this crucial step and only separate the points with an "and" or full stop, the examiner will regard it as one point only and hence you will lose marks!
this is REALLY important indeed..our teacher told us this..!

Reaction score
yeah,, man

this is REALLY important indeed..our teacher told us this..!

Is this important?Cuz we havent answered our questions in this way!are u guys sure that we have to answer like this wen quoting from the text?or is it for all two mark questions? :/

Reaction score
Of wat we have practised in school,we have 10 points on one side and 5 on the other.But u can write more points if u want to,to be on the safe side.
that is not possible .. there can be a difference of 1-2 points in both but not of 5 points..
every past paper marking scheme has 9-10 points in 1st and 9-10 points in the second heading.

Reaction score
that is not possible .. there can be a difference of 1-2 points in both but not of 5 points..
every past paper marking scheme has 9-10 points in 1st and 9-10 points in the second heading.
Ok fine.I'll check it all. thanks :)

Reaction score
ANS 1) if your summary is of 130 words it wouldnt be penalised but then you have to make sure that atleast fifteen summary points are included...and in order to write a good summary you add connecying words too so all in all it does sum up to 160 usually.
2) Yes you can do the lift of line IF relevant.
3)Yes you can also start an answer with 'because' BUT in the following manner: "...because"
4) You can also write "She said this because" instead of writing the whole story which only uses up your space.

Hope this helped :)
like i couldnt directly start with because ?

Reaction score
Do we ve to write 15 points atleast or only fifteen in all?
do we Ve to include all the points in the summary or only a few very imp ones?
for a two mark question is it necessary to write as "the reasons are: (i) .......
(ii).......?