• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH PAPER 2

Reaction score
1. improve vocabulary
2. write , at most , 20 summary points to ensure 15/15 in it.
3. in continuous summary , use entirely your own words , better to use synonyms for difficult words.
4. in comprehension , my advice would be , read 1st para then attempt its questions . Similarly , read 2nd para and attempt its questions and so on.
5. answer precise and to the point and read the question twice/thrice CAREFULLY before answering.
6. for words meanings underline every word in the passage and then replace it with a word of a similar tense e.g INTENTLY : CLOSELY , WAFTING : FLOATING , CASUALLY : INFORMALLY , FOCUSED : CONCENTRATED.

HOPE I HELPED !!!

Reaction score
ANY TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED :)
1. use ur time wisely and if u dont havwe the answer to one question, move on
2. get about 6-7 points for summary(must warn u that de writing might be difficult
and dat about it

Reaction score
1. improve vocabulary
2. write , at most , 20 summary points to ensure 15/15 in it.
3. in continuous summary , use entirely your own words , better to use synonyms for difficult words.
4. in comprehension , my advice would be , read 1st para then attempt its questions . Similarly , read 2nd para and attempt its questions and so on.
5. answer precise and to the point and read the question twice/thrice CAREFULLY before answering.
6. for words meanings underline every word in the passage and then replace it with a word of a similar tense e.g INTENTLY : CLOSELY , WAFTING : FLOATING , CASUALLY : INFORMALLY , FOCUSED : CONCENTRATED.

HOPE I HELPED !!!
dat was really helpful
but i hv one litle doubt k do v hv to write 15 points in summary points making in order to achieve 15 marks?
i mean 15 for one side nd 15 for the other?

Reaction score
dat was really helpful
but i hv one litle doubt k do v hv to write 15 points in summary points making in order to achieve 15 marks?
no vogue :) dey have to be total of minimum 15 :)

Reaction score
As-Salamu Alaikum Brother..........umm....u may try these....:) we've got only 2 DAYS!! :rolleyes: JUST TRY TO REMEMBER THESE POINTS

1. you must read the whole passage at least once without fail.... [this is one of the primary mistakes i do.......the result of this affects my answers HORRIBLY!! :( and after answering a question, later i found out that the answer was somewhere else and something else :confused: !! ]​
*if you can then answer the word-meanings before starting the q.a. See point 6 for advice
2. while answering the questions......try not to miss out what the question actually wants....then look for the best possible answer.....and then mark them using () brackets.....[i did this mistake once, the ques. asked for something but I half-read the question and ended up answering the opposite!!! :oops: ]​
3. be PRECISE...don't be too wordy and don't bother to explain much (i.e. if the question doesn't ask to explain)....just simply use the space given (y) - they'll be Happy!​
4. DON'T USE TOO MUCH LITERARY WORDS....be SIMPLE!! They just want the answer!!​
5. USE YOUR OWN LANGUAGE - don't just cut and paste!!​
6. For the word-meanings - Remember to read the context from where the meaning was taken AND try to use SYNONYMS for your answer, otherwise give a simple meaning within 7 words...
7. MOST IMPORTANTLY - Confidence (the Mother of Good Marks :D ) - HAVE FAITH IN GOD THAT THIS IS THE EASIEST EXAM YOU'LL EVER GIVE!!! Trust me, it works! ;) And it worked for me every time!! :cool:

Hope that Helps Bro!! I'll be Praying for you InshaAllah!! :)

Reaction score
dat was really helpful
no .. a total of 15 .

Reaction score
dat was really helpful
Just Balance it like 7 for one side and 8 for other!

Reaction score
And another Important thing...When writing the summary (not the points) explain in ur own words only 5-6 points of both the parts.. e.g write in ur own words 5 disadvantages and and 6 advntges..don't need to explain all the points as the examiner will not even read the words above the limit and will cross them out..

Reaction score
dat was really helpful
no there aren't so many points in the passage in the first place. we have to give a TOTAL of at least 15 points to score a 15/15

Reaction score
Also while answering any question of the comprehension having two marks, write your answer in two points:
Ans: John felt this way because:
(i) ........
(ii) .......
If you miss out on this crucial step and only separate the points with an "and" or full stop, the examiner will regard it as one point only and hence you will lose marks!

Reaction score
are we to mention the points of summary SAME as mentioned in the content given? [i know that we have to write continuous summary in or own words but i am talking about summary points.]