• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH PAPER 2

Reaction score
(i) If script is entirely verbatim lift give 0 for content.
this is mentioned in marking scheme june 11. what is actually meant by it?
it means that lets say if the question asked u to write summary from paragraph 2 to paragraph 5, u rewrite the WHOLE context from para 2 to 5 with out doing ANY changes. it means copying XACTLY!
i m sure u dunt do that ......

Reaction score
Yes, my english teacher who has been teaching in Beaconhouse for more than eight years told me this so yes I can say that it is authentic.
And none taken :)
okay. no actually i was thinking if u seen it in some examiner report or somewhere.

Reaction score
aren't v allowed to even go 5 words abv 160???
i think we should be given that margin but i read somewhere that in summary they especially run a count of ur words so u'll probably be better off if u kept it to 160 words and its not that difficult really just merge some points which are minor and u'll do fine :) obviously u don't want a petty issue like word limit to lower ur grade ryt?!

Reaction score
You can and rather should write more than 15 points so ones which are wrong can be compensated with the correct ones

And you can also include more than 15 points in your summary if you can accomodate them in 160 words

For two marks you HAVE to number your answers otherwise they will be regarded as one point and you will be given one mark!!

if we are asked two examples or two references then we should number otherwise if it says explain in your own words how for example cell phone is a curse with reference to para 5 how can i number my explaination?

Reaction score
if we are asked two examples or two references then we should number otherwise if it says explain in your own words how for example cell phone is a curse with reference to para 5 how can i number my explaination?
If it says explain in your own words then the question mostly asks for TWO keywords which you have to explain by numbering them and giving a substitute for them.

Reaction score
Explian fully questions are of two types
1) Demands that you explain two keywords and in this case you make those keywords the two points
2) this type does not apparently account for two reasons but this is how you solve it:
Explain fully what 'promise' is implicit by naming the perfume "irresistible"?
Ans: The promise is that 1)if a person uses that perfume then 2)people of opposite gender will be attracted towrds him/her.
are u sure we are supposed to do so because in the report it says if the sentences are seperated by a comma fullstop they are seperate points! now what?

Reaction score
are u sure we are supposed to do so because in the report it says if the sentences are seperated by a comma fullstop they are seperate points! now what?
Umm You lost me there because my teacher instruvted me to number them so I just told you that.

Reaction score
If it says explain in your own words then the question mostly asks for TWO keywords which you have to explain by numbering them and giving a substitute for them.
are u fully sure we ve to number the keywords in explaining?

Reaction score
Number them Faria...I'm telling you that it is how I have practised the comprehensions in school!!

Reaction score
you read it in a report? then maybe its right. maybe screamingskull or his/her teacher has it confused or misunderstood bcuz all 3 years of my o levels that i have been practicing this pattern i haven't once done what he/she is telling here. no offence (AGain) :p

Reaction score
heyy guys can we cross out an answer and write the rght once? for example in the true/false question if we tick the true option and then realize that it is wrong can we cross it out and tick the False one? HELPPP!!! :/

Reaction score
heyy guys can we cross out an answer and write the rght once? for example in the true/false question if we tick the true option and then realize that it is wrong can we cross it out and tick the False one? HELPPP!!! :/

dont do that ...avoid it as only ALL THATS WRITTEN IN LINES wil be checked...as my teacher told me do it with a pencil if your not sure and then come back to it later ...:)

Reaction score
(b) Give two reasons why Reena went to bed that night ‘in a state of extreme irritability’. Number
your answers (i) and (ii).

numbering lines is important have a lookie at this question..:)

summer 2009, paper 2, question 2! :D