• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2!!

Reaction score
Ali wasn't there... In Kite Runner Ali is Hassan's father... He wasn't mentioned there in the PASSAGE... Answer my question please???? See above posts....

Reaction score
intelnehalem said:
Jinkglex said:
im pretty sure you had to make up the shameful lie on your own as a continuation of how the story was going so something like 'he probably blamed hassan for missing envelopes of birthday money' were probably right...btw could anyone please confirm if writing with a pencil was right or wrong on summary content points? A final opinion would be very nice guys thank you!
I don't think that writing in pencil would be accepted since they specifically ask you to write in DARK BLUE OR BLACK INK :( Pencil should only be used for graphs and scale drawings.
This is because CIE scans the papers before marking so pencil writing may not be scanned properly.
Hope for the best though!
Correct...I myself saw one student writing with pencil so the invigilator came to that person n asked him to nt to write with pencil as it is nt allowed...Yeah hope for the best though....!!!

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
Amir was the narrator... Guys I have a question... What if one write the answers outside those lines???? Is that okay???
Yeah it is okay....summary must be within the lines..dnt worry about the ques as they r allowed to write outside the lines... :wink:

Reaction score
no invigilator came up and said anything to me though :( oh well...i can only hope :fool:

Reaction score
rehan751 said:
I wrote false, false, true. And for avoiding I wrote unwavering. And that 'teemed' one I wrote inundated.

And I am so happy that a guess of mine in meanings turned out to be correct. "Perfunctory" I just read the sentence 2 or 3 times and guessed the meaning to be "quick" and afterwards at home I looked in dictionary and turned out to be correct :D

Hey Rehan But perfunctory means carelessly :S I also wrote quick... :| Where did u see quick ? :O

Reaction score
Guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the question in which they asked about his fathers personality
I wrote that he was nature-loving :O :O :S Is it wrong? He had knowledge of flowers :|

Reaction score
Everything is wrong.
Passage 2 was wrong
Hassan was wrong
Amir was wrong too
But his mother was right cuz she was not present :wink: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Pls dont discuss it anymore,i will die :x

Reaction score
Percentile is like a curve which they plot everyones grades on okay. I don't know how to explain it well but they plot everyone's grades on the curve and set the grade for an A*-E on the graph. If you fall in the A* region, you get an A*, likewise if you fall in the B region, you get a B. This basically means, tht an A* doesn't necessarily have to be at 90%. It can be at 83 or maybe like 85 according to the grade CIE sets.

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
Everything is wrong.
Passage 2 was wrong
Hassan was wrong
Amir was wrong too
But his mother was right cuz she was not present :wink: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Pls dont discuss it anymore,i will die :x
Amir's father was also wrong.... :p

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
rehan751 said:
I wrote false, false, true. And for avoiding I wrote unwavering. And that 'teemed' one I wrote inundated.

And I am so happy that a guess of mine in meanings turned out to be correct. "Perfunctory" I just read the sentence 2 or 3 times and guessed the meaning to be "quick" and afterwards at home I looked in dictionary and turned out to be correct :D

Hey Rehan But perfunctory means carelessly :S I also wrote quick... :| Where did u see quick ? :O

Dictionary and Thesaurus

Reaction score
Oh well. What's happened has happened guys. Lets pray for our good grades to Allah.

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
i wrote "his money was stolen" but i think the correct answer was "he lost his money" :(
The correct answer in my opinion was that Hassan had stolen Amir's money! Maybe, your answer can be credited too since your point is the same. :) Hope for the best!

Reaction score
We can always be hopeful :p.
Let's hope that the percentile for A* will be like 82 or 83 :D.
And an 'A' at 75 or so.

Reaction score
I need Help on computer studies....

How to deal algorithms in computer paper..? and how to attempt Computer paper..? Help please