• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH

Reaction score
hey can any plz tell me how much marks will be deducted if i wrote the format of a formal instead of an informal but all the way i used an informal tone??

Reaction score
first of all y did u writed format,,. even it was given in question that start letter wid dear aunt,and as far as i think,format doesnot matter...

Reaction score
no man i am SURE that format matters but i just want to know that how much marks will be deducted...and i am not talking abt ma self there is some other frnd of mine, anxious to knw abt it

Reaction score
XPF MASTER said:
hey can any plz tell me how much marks will be deducted if i wrote the format of a formal instead of an informal but all the way i used an informal tone??

That didn't matter in this letter. The examiner himself gave us the instruction to begin it with, 'Dear Aunt' and you could end it with 'Yours Loving Nephew/Niece, Yours Truly', etc...

Reaction score
But if you wrote in a formal tone then your marks for style would definitely be deducted. But these sort of mistakes are common, it always helps to be overly informal even if you see a hint of informality in the question.

A more serious mistake I have heard a lot of people do was in the last Composition topic. The topic asked to write on a Letter which lead to disappointment or happiness. Many students have just written stories based on Disappointment or Happiness (without even mentioning the letter) which they probably have read in some old past papers. This would tend to lose almost all the content points which equal to 15.

This mistake came about because some people read the 4th topic and then suddenly read Disappointment ( Write a story containing the following words ..... [now skip to 5th topic] disappointment or happiness. Another reason was that many weak candidates didn't know the meaning of the word 'Letter' properly and thought that the word was Letters as in Alphabets and then ended up concluding that Words are the same thing as letters.

These sort of mistakes change your grade completely.

Reaction score
Dude ... i read in the examination guide for english that the examiners don't check the format since there are loads of different formats so no tension boy