• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Environmental Management

Reaction score
Well that's awesome. I'm appearing this year. Any tips?
GUIDE ME, MASTER!
Hahahaha :D
Here's the crash course! I didn't study much for EVM, because I didn't feel the need to.
  1. Well, just relax. Solve the 2014, 2013 and 2012 papers (that's all!).
  2. Read your book (John Pallister's that is) thoroughly, you won't need anything else to prep.
  3. Think practically and logically! Half the time, you can derive answers from basic knowledge.
  4. Don't memorize, understand. It will be worth your time that way. If you don't understand, you will struggle; especially in Paper 4.
  5. Build up your knowledge base, and don't skip any topics. You never know which one might pop up in the exams.
  6. Don't rely on papers, but don't ignore them either. Most people here will tell you to keep practicing papers, essentially covering 5-10 years of material. Well, I'm here to tell you, DON'T. Only cover three years' worth of papers, either the May/June or October/November sessions. Preferably May/June.
  7. Analyze your mistakes, don't just ignore them. Most people, when solving papers, just check how many they got wrong and then move on. DON'T DO THAT. Understand where you went wrong. It won't take long.
  8. DO NOT PANIC. EVM is a long and arduous subject. A simple mistake won't destroy you, granted that you don't repeat it.

Reaction score
Hahahaha :D
Here's the crash course! I didn't study much for EVM, because I didn't feel the need to.
  1. Well, just relax. Solve the 2014, 2013 and 2012 papers (that's all!).
  2. Read your book (John Pallister's that is) thoroughly, you won't need anything else to prep.
  3. Think practically and logically! Half the time, you can derive answers from basic knowledge.
  4. Don't memorize, understand. It will be worth your time that way. If you don't understand, you will struggle; especially in Paper 4.
  5. Build up your knowledge base, and don't skip any topics. You never know which one might pop up in the exams.
  6. Don't rely on papers, but don't ignore them either. Most people here will tell you to keep practicing papers, essentially covering 5-10 years of material. Well, I'm here to tell you, DON'T. Only cover three years' worth of papers, either the May/June or October/November sessions. Preferably May/June.
  7. Analyze your mistakes, don't just ignore them. Most people, when solving papers, just check how many they got wrong and then move on. DON'T DO THAT. Understand where you went wrong. It won't take long.
  8. DO NOT PANIC. EVM is a long and arduous subject. A simple mistake won't destroy you, granted that you don't repeat it.
Paper 4? Wtf? waow m8 vat iz dis

Reaction score
Dude, you're scaring the shit out of me. I'm appearing for O levels Enviromental Management 5014 and according to my limited knowledge there's only 2 papers i.e. Paper 1 and 2

Reaction score
Dude, you're scaring the shit out of me. I'm appearing for O levels Enviromental Management 5014 and according to my limited knowledge there's only 2 papers i.e. Paper 1 and 2

You do realize this thread is in the IGCSE section right?
Chill, IGCSE EVM has an extra paper in the subject, whereas O level does not. So most of what I've said still applies.