• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Equivalence confusion

Reaction score
Assalam O Alaikum.
Can anyone please tell me that do IBCC will provide me with my equivalence certificate if I take Physics, Maths and Computing in A Levels and will i be placed in pre engineering group or some other group.
And will universities like SZABIST and FAST would accept me

Reaction score
i think it may create confusion
you need chemistry for pakistan as it says:

A) GCE ‘A’ Level and Equivalent:
GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:
i) Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.
ii) Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.
iii) General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects
iv) Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.
a- All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.

Reaction score
and they should provide you equivelance but it would be in"general group" not engineering
whether it will be accepted i dont know

Reaction score
my question is that I appeared in my GCE olevels from pakistan for equalivance are pkstd isl and urdu compulsory? I dont get it on the site it says for foreign qulaification such as olevels ur allowed to take have 5 subjects if your a forginer but then it also says that pakistan studies isl and urdu are not compulsory for those who did it from aboard please someone help me and clear to me do.i have to or not.give these subjects I dont think u have to but plz someone make me clear thanks