• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Equivalence of edexcel igcse's

Reaction score
is the equivalence the same as the cambridge igcse's ? and does repeats or number of sessions
matter or not :/ ?

Reaction score
is the equivalence the same as the cambridge igcse's ? and does repeats or number of sessions

Yes, it holds the same equivalence to Cambridge IGCSE. What matters is that it is a british curriculum. Repeating the exam is absolutely no problem.

Reaction score
Yes, it holds the same equivalence to Cambridge IGCSE. What matters is that it is a british curriculum. Repeating the exam is absolutely no problem.
So like i got 3 b's in my cambridge igcse's , repeating those with edexcel would make difference only in terms of those 3 subjects and repeats wudnt be a problem or like they ( the equivalence board )wont say u repeated this blah blah :p ?

Reaction score
So like i got 3 b's in my cambridge igcse's , repeating those with edexcel would make difference only in terms of those 3 subjects and repeats wudnt be a problem or like they ( the equivalence board )wont say u repeated this blah blah :p ?

At the first place, you don't have to repeat IGCSE if you got a B, because this won't be of any use when you apply for university. Second thing, Edexcel IGCSE is more harder than Cambridge, cuz I did IGCSE with cambridge last year and I felt it was a piece of cake :D. But still if you decide to repeat it anyway, it's fine, they not gonna discredit you for doing so. Good Luck though.

Reaction score
It's the same ^_^ And no. of repeats don;t count... But why in the world would u wanna do edxcel? :eek: Do CIE... it's waaaaayyy easier and better :)

Reaction score
I think so... but the CIE certificate still shows ur previous grades when you submit it for the other subjects :p

Reaction score
EDEXCEL IGCSE has got more value than Cambridge and it's a lot harder too....No man the repeats or number of sessions does not matter...But a new certificate will come if u repeat a subject again in another session and besides the word REPEATED will also be written beside the Grade in your certificate...

Reaction score
EDEXCEL IGCSE has got more value than Cambridge and it's a lot harder too....No man the repeats or number of sessions does not matter...But a new certificate will come if u repeat a subject again in another session and besides the word REPEATED will also be written beside the Grade in your certificate...
which certificate , the equivalence certificate :/ ?

Reaction score
I do not think EDEXCEL IGCSE is that hard, some of the CIE IGCSE subjects are harder than Edexcel especially English First language and ICT . I prefer you take Edexcel because the grade boundaries aren't as high as that of CIE