• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

extra subjects

Reaction score
consider that i have only skimmed over the first page!! Oh and as for your query about credit, heres what i think it is: Credit given to a subject is the overall use of the subject in your future life and how easy it is to master the subject. For example world history is in my opinion totally useless and only taken to increase number of A*'s, so is sociology in many cases

a) A lot of extra subjects can be done in a year... This is what i recommend

1) Computers
Reason: Computers is extremely fun and easy to learn. plus now you do not even need to do a project you can just do the atp as well. It also has very good credit even though it is considered an easy A*. This is because it is useful in further fields of life.
2) Additional Mathematics (only if your good at maths)
Reason: Ad maths is very useful. It will give you an edge since it is known to be a tough subject and lets face it. Maths is useful no matter what field you are in. If you have a decent teacher and good maths then i definitely recommend this
3) Statistics
Reason: I only suggest this if you are taking commerce. Also since examination is in octo it can be considered a tad bit more convenient. However i do not believe it has that much credit since a LOT of students good at maths (trust me i am one lol) pick this up as it is supposedly one of easiest subjects there are.

b) Subjects that i advise against
1) Sociology
2) World History
3) Anything else that you do not think will be helpful in your future career

c) How to choose subjects.
1) you must have a genuine interest. If you just pick it up for the extra A* youll never succeed.
2) either that or you must find it okay to study, not dislike it, and it should be good for your career
3) If you like a subject a lot but its not directly good for your career, then you can still take it. You may study a subject and not give examination if you want. But when alls said and done, A*'s count for a lot too at uni level. Even if selective subjects are better credit.
4) If you hate subject, no matter how good it is for your future, skip it. You wont succeed in it and a blank space looks better than a C on your report card.

d) Do not go overboard.
I personally think taking over 11 subjects is overdoing it. At your level since you are coming in O3, i say dont take more than 10, 11 at extreme. more than that will be nigh impossible to handle especially since you will also be giving your major subjects examination. Major subjects are more important. You yourself know how many you can handle, do not overestimate yourself. Do not delude yourself either, A* means 90+, thats very tough. getting 10 would be hard enough let alone getting 13 especially if some of those do not interest you.

hope this helps :)

Reaction score
but if we can handle many subjects then ?? I mean many people give extra subjects and still get A* in all of them

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask that is there anyone in lahore who teaches History World Affairs? Also,which book is used for History World Affairs? Please help me.

Thanks in advance.