• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[FIGHTING RUMORS] Happy 2010 Curve !

Reaction score
Hey Guys , All who posted that no curve no curve they are absolutely know nothing in reading english!.

I sat with my english teacher and yes he explained me every thing came in the " REPORT OF JUNE 2010.....pdf".

What they mean that , when u achieve an A* , it will be written for u 90%. NOT getting 90% from subject papers !

So calm and settle down.Focus on what is next.

Reaction score
but does this mean that if somebody got 92% for example will get an A* OR NOT .
i do not really understand your when u achieve an A* , it will be written for u 90%. NOT getting 90% from subject papers

Reaction score
niassu said:
i do not really understand your when u achieve an A* , it will be written for u 90%. NOT getting 90% from subject papers

u see this means tht whether u get any mark which is regarded as an A* in terms of the curve, this means tht u r gonna see 90% beside ur A* in ur results

Reaction score
Whatt???
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA>???
WOW!
You mean that for getting A* u should not get 90% of the mark
For eg.

90% * 200=180
So that 200-180 is not only A*

Reaction score
Ahmed-Azurus said:
niassu said:

u see this means tht whether u get any mark which is regarded as an A* in terms of the curve, this means tht u r gonna see 90% beside ur A* in ur results

That's it

Reaction score
imkillinit said:
Whatt???
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA>???
WOW!
You mean that for getting A* u should not get 90% of the mark
For eg.

90% * 200=180
So that 200-180 is not only A*

Yup getting A* will be written for u 90% .That's exactly what i mean

Reaction score
I think you guys are over-complicating it. I think it would be clear with a simple example:

Maths Extended: Both papers are 200 marks combined. For example, if an A was 150 marks and an A* was 170 marks (in the grade threshold), and if you got 150 marks, you'll get an A. That's simple.

But 150/200 is only 75%. But because its an A, you'll have 80% written on your report.

Another person may have got 160 marks. That's exactly between an A and an A*, so he'll have 85% on his report.

Similarly, if someone else got 170 marks, they'd get an A* and 90% on their report, and if they got, 175 marks, they'd get something like 92% or something.

But this was just an example. Hopefully that made it clear.

Reaction score
everyone knew that it's a rumor..!!
and what made me 100% sure is only one statement..
" If a person achieves 100% doesn't mean that he got the full mark in all papers "
which means that 100% depends only on the grade threshold

Reaction score
Hello
See
I got 170/200
IN
MATHEMATICS
OKKAY!!
NOW I WANT TO KNOW SOME THING <ONLY THAT WHICH GRADE I GOT????

A)A*
B)A
C)B
D)C
Ya habibi only show me that how you know that how to calculate our grade???
PLEASE HELPPPPPP>>>????
OK, I did not understood what is curves and bla bla mean :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reaction score
imkillinit said:
Hello
See
I got 170/200
IN
MATHEMATICS
OKKAY!!

A)A*
B)A
C)B
D)C
PLEASE HELPPPPPP>>>????
OK, I did not understood what is curves and bla bla mean :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :cry:
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
imkillinit said:
Hello
See
I got 170/200
IN
MATHEMATICS
OKKAY!!

A)A*
B)A
C)B
D)C
PLEASE HELPPPPPP>>>????

Look , U are in the range of A* grade.It depends on the curve , if they said A* will be from -40 from 200 u will got A* written in your result statment 90% .That's all and there is no such " Formula " to calculate the GRADE

Reaction score
what if they said 200-30 and from 170 is A*>>>>?????
LAST QUESTION ONLY THIS IS LAST QUESTION
AFTER THIS IM GONA OUT
PLZ ANSWEAR FASE

Reaction score
Some you guys are saying that if someone gets A* then they will have 90% on their report. This is not true. If someone gets an A* they can get 90-100%, so on their report, they can get 92%, 97%, 100%, etc.

And don't worry too much about curves and such nonsense if you don't understand it. Just write your exam and read your report. How it was calculated is something Cambridge do and we don't need to worry about how its done.