• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

final final details abt practicals!

Reaction score
ok guys
in phy
p33 is abt oil and stopwatch ( u r gonna get messy with paper)
mechanical with diode and most probably dc source
p34 is abt oscillation so stopwatch is involved and there one mechanical with magnet and threads

chem is almost the same but the salts may differ
botht the variabts p33 aND 34 have salt analysis and energetics so thermometer is involved
there is no sign of butrette in the confidential

bio
p33 is abt microscope and visking tubing
and 34 is abt the sucrose ,catalase and microscope
u may be provided with HCl and KMnO4 and distilled water in a beaker!!!
ppl just watch out sometimes they give stopwatch tp confuse u!!!

@ sm1 who asked abt oscillation
oscillation is the kind we do with pendulum bob
we displace it from the original position and find the time period!

@ all ppl
guys u see this
and if u wana post
u make a new topic
cuz ppl cant find this and now as i have too many exams
i cant really pm all
those who pm me i do have to reply them
but ppl if u have stuff here on forums
and all see it

cuz i am not a mod here otherwise i could have locked this topic
see this and ill post more things!

Reaction score
phy 31
its going to be easy
first experiment is elecrtrical
with graph and second is mechanical
may be pendulum bob and stopwatch!
stopwatch may also be provided to confuse u
read the question and then solve everything!

Reaction score
can anyone pls explain the physics practical 34?
now i get the oscillation part, but what is 'magnet and thread'?
ive never seen a question like that..
and i thought we dont learn about magnets in AS level.
can someone pls explain it to me? thx
pm me or just post it on here so that everyone can have a look at it! :D

Reaction score
hi zahra,
regarding to p31, you have any idea on the electricity question?

and practical in general, do you have any tips? because my teacher has told me to carefully read the question before actually starting, because the experiment correlates to what they ask.

Reaction score
Hey zahra newbie here so i cant pm you..... please please pm me the details of the phys p33 question on the diode... plz i really need this!!!

Reaction score
the magnet experiment is like the one is past papers may be
ill still get more details!

jhu

Reaction score
hey princess, cud u plz tell me wat we hav to do with the diode in phy p33. i'm really bad in electricity . thanx

Reaction score
hey! so 4 phy p31............da osciilation z sumthn related 2 pendulum....not springs ryt!
wat abt da electricity exp........do u no da apparatus n stuff??? :roll:

Reaction score
what we hav been practicing is the electricity one with beads in place of resistors.its very simple..and ya in the oscillation one we will be having a cylinder instead of a pendulam bob..

Reaction score
i doubt anything concerning magnets or diodes on A2 level will come for As practicals, hmm, they might just be giving diode as just another component of the circuit system, in past years there were things like that, but the procedure is still the same, you will just have to either measure current, volt etc. and draw the graph, and by the way it will be helpful to review the graphs for diodes. before going for exam.

Reaction score
kriax said:
i doubt anything concerning magnets or diodes on A2 level will come for As practicals, hmm, they might just be giving diode as just another component of the circuit system, in past years there were things like that, but the procedure is still the same, you will just have to either measure current, volt etc. and draw the graph, and by the way it will be helpful to review the graphs for diodes. before going for exam.

well i checked da syllabus and they have CLEARLY MENTIONED..THAT IN P3....ANYTHING CAN COME..EVEN THE TOPICS.WHICH ARE NOT IN UR AS LEVEL....CAN CUM TOO...

So depends on ur luck....altho u jst have to follow da instructions.

Reaction score
princesszahra, may u please PM me more details for Physics Paper 33. PLEASE PLEASE!
btw, I'm really bad in electricity. so pls PM me more details on diode as well if u can

Pls :)
THANKS LOADS xD

Reaction score
Hey zahra newbie here so i cant pm you..... please please pm me the details of the phys p33 question on the diode, and also a bit abt d oil qstn... plz i really need this!!!

Reaction score
guyz even if u know about the TYPE of question coming like we know there is no titration etc.. There is little u can do.. One thing that will really help is the CATIONS and ANIONS present in the salt analysis... That wil save hell of a time. And thats what i am craving to know :( If anyone has any Confirmation abt them :s