• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Focusing on basis of difficulty...?!

Reaction score
Assalam walaikum,
Brothers and sisters. I'm taking Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in my A levels and will appear in this May/June Session Insha-Allah. Studies have been going smooth Alhamdulilah. But throughout I have been achieving lowest marks in Physics compared to the other 2, but marks remain close. (75 in Math, 72 In Chem and 70 in Phy) I needed some advice to help focusing. I go out weekly for exercising (jogging and sports) but my parents want me to stop that too. Does that affect my studies much? I do study 3-4 hours daily non-stop.
Applications of Physics is very confusing, as well as all the formulae. What do you suggest?
Jazak Allah Khair. :D

Reaction score
Well, for one, jogging and sports is actually beneficial to your study routine: so don't stop that!
Physical exertion releases endorphins from your brain which elevate your mood and actually help you gain confidence and also help you study( this is because their chemical structure resembles opium. So basically you are using 'good opium', because you get it from your body, not some drug dealer!)
3-4 hours daily is enough, but non-stop is bad; it does not help you focus. Your study routines should be short with breaks between them eg 20 minutes of study then a 5-10 minute break, followed up by another 20 minutes etc: the human brain does not have a very long attention span
Focus on your weak points instead of repeating stuff you already know: once you have dealt with your weak points it becomes much eaiser to recall them
Hope it helps
Can't do much for applications: in AS
For formulas use a formula sheet