• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
Oh and what drama at the Etihad!!

Fernandinho scores at the 1st minute, Wickham equalizes at 73', City go all in bring everyone forward attack after attack. 83', Sunderland find a quick counter and Wickham takes the lead. Dying minutes of the 90, Nasri takes a poor shot at Mannone. It hits him and rolls inside by an inch. 90+3 Nasri has a clean shot, manages to fire over the bar. Ooof! What a game! One that'll haunt Mannone for a long, long time, pretty much like Rob Green's World Cup heroics 4 years ago :hah:

Reaction score
BTW, two other mega results today.

Hurts me. Hurts me a lot to picture Stevie G lifting the trophy even after him crying like that the other day. Though, can't deny the fact that Liverpool have deserved it more than anyone else in the League currently, and Gerrard more than anyone in the League in the past 30 years easily.

That is really hurtful ...
I take it you are a Manchester United fan?
Its the dream of every scouser to see Stevie Gee to lift the EPL trophy. And we are well in reach of it.
But Chelsea will play a massive role in the title quest. I just hope Sturridge recovers for the Chelsea clash and we sure are gonna miss the suspended Henderson, our engine! :(

Reaction score
That is really hurtful ...
I take it you are a Manchester United fan?
Its the dream of every scouser to see Stevie Gee to lift the EPL trophy. And we are well in reach of it.
But Chelsea will play a massive role in the title quest. I just hope Sturridge recovers for the Chelsea clash and we sure are gonna miss the suspended Henderson, our engine! :(

Hurtful, it may be, just what I feel.

Indeed.

Like I said, no one has deserved it more than that one man (with Liverpool). Regardless, as a United fan, hurts to see him win it. Though, even then, I can't but respect the man for clinging onto Liverpool during their tough times and for a long, long time. *cough*HenryNasriRvPandso-on*cough*

Reaction score
Capture.JPG
Thank You... secret agent, Borini :D!!!
I just hope LFC don't screw up their fantastic chance to extend their lead to five points tomorrow!!!!
YNWA

Reaction score
So this settles it. The title's going to Anfield. :'(

What a twist to the EPL race btw. What began as a 'Can United defend their title' to a Arsenal lead atop, then with Chelsea and City joining the race, Liverpool playing for the 4th place back then. Chelsea, Arsenal and City each with excellent chances to go all the way to the top and hold on, but all blow them away. Liverpool coming from 6th to 3rd and 3rd to 1st in the crucial stages. Wow. What a season. Saw City Chelsea and Arsenal contending for the title before the season began. Didn't see Liverpool go all the way!

Excellent season by them. Honestly, no one deserves it now more than Liverpool, and no player more than Gerrard. Gotta make my peace with it. :(

Reaction score
Getting harder and harder to trust in Moysie

article-2608950-1D391F3D00000578-889_634x442.jpg
HAHAHA...... This was one epic spoof!
Moyesie being stalked by "The Grim Reaper" at the Everton game.....
Guess his visit is actually bearing meaning.... reports today are suggesting Utd have lost patience with him (finally) and will be sacked this summer.
Twitter is trending with #SaveMoyes by Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool fans :p:p

Reaction score
Meanwhile at Anfield...
1379__5819__prop140421-028-liverpool_celebration_96.jpg

Michael Owen in a Liverpool shirt.... once again!!
Almost feel like forgiving him! :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
In other news, strong rumors surfacing that Moyes is about to be sacked.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/dav...hours-as-manchester-united-boss-30204229.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ester-United-side-capitulates-to-Everton.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...atience-following-Premier-League-failure.html

Would suck if its true. United need to cling onto a manager for at least 2-3 years to let him settle in. Everyone knew United would struggle this season, maybe they didn't see a non-top4 finish, and maybe they didn't see early domestic cup exits, but still IMO clinging onto Moyes is crucial. The only thing that'd make me happy that he's getting the boot would be Klopp taking over :p

Reaction score
Damn actually feel sorry for Liverpool Fans. Hard luck

Absolutely gutted. :'(
But then we were never expected to be here in the very first place. Our aim was fourth place and that we have come so far, speaks volumes. So close ... yet so far! :(
Lets hope the blue half of Merseyside get a positive result against the Citizens... title race to be even more complicated then... but dont see that happening.
Go City.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn actually feel sorry for Liverpool Fans. Hard luck

I don't.

Karma truly is a bitch. Must be a very, very deja vu moment for Stevie G. Afterall, he was the one who performed that back-pass to Drogba to deny United their 19th back when they were going for the 19th.

Reaction score
Real Madrid - Bayern Munich 5-0
Who knew a semi against Bayern would end like this?! Ramos' brace. Ronaldo record. Perfect revenge. The start was nerve-wrecking, but calmed down after Ramos' opener.
First time into the finals since 2002. Here we come Lisbon!!
HALA MADRID!!!