• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
Rickie Lambert to Liverpool F.C. in a 4m deal almost done!
Who saw that coming?!!! Of all the S'ton players linked to us... the most unexpected name.
Not that he's too young but still a much more reliable option off the bench compared to Aspas!
Medical on Saturday!
And if it does materialize, what a fairy tail ending to his career.
From League 2 to Premier League to a possible Champions League and World Cup. Dream story.
Fully deserved! (y)

In other news LFC have offered 16m + Suso to Sevilla for Moreno.
Moreno is class. But please dont sell Suso!!! What a talent he is... Instead Rodgers should offer cash + Aspas & Borini to Sevilla, now that Lambert is on his way.

Reaction score
Lets ask him... :D
I think he'd chose LFC over the Spuds any day.... Boyhood club!!
Btw nice name MarcoReus (y)

Thank you Thank you.

Boyhood club? That explains alot. I kind of wanted a Lambert-Adebayor partnership. They should be able to play together.

Though to be a true Liverpool legend, he must learn to slip himself. Just look at Gerrard and Suarez. =D :p

Reaction score
Thank you Thank you.

Boyhood club? That explains alot. I kind of wanted a Lambert-Adebayor partnership. They should be able to play together.

Though to be a true Liverpool legend, he must learn to slip himself. Just look at Gerrard and Suarez. =D :p

So you are a Spurs fan, I take it.
Why cant Spurs have some own original targets? Always stealing on ours.
Yeah.. yeah. Enough with the slip talk already.
We slip, so we can rise back again. When the hell did Suarez slip?

Reaction score
So you are a Spurs fan, I take it.
Why cant Spurs have some own original targets? Always stealing on ours.
Yeah.. yeah. Enough with the slip talk already.
We slip, so we can rise back again. When the hell did Suarez slip?

Suarez dives. Dives can be called a slip lets say. I mean, if you fall down with no one touching you, can't that be called a slip. :D
And yuck; I'll never be a Spu*s fan. They and QPR are the two worst clubs in world football.

I am a Chelsea fan mostly - though I have liked Dortmund alot (way before their CL run btw, incase you are wondering). And being a football fan, I'd want Lambert at Spurs as he and Adebayor would be a good partnership, way different from the current 1 man striker formations in PL.

Reaction score
Suarez dives. Dives can be called a slip lets say. I mean, if you fall down with no one touching you, can't that be called a slip. :D
And yuck; I'll never be a Spu*s fan. They and QPR are the two worst clubs in world football.

I am a Chelsea fan mostly - though I have liked Dortmund alot (way before their CL run btw, incase you are wondering). And being a football fan, I'd want Lambert at Spurs as he and Adebayor would be a good partnership, way different from the current 1 man striker formations in PL.

As a Chelsea fan you can worry about Ramirez and the likes. Suarez has improved a lot!!! He's won every accolade there is to win.
Liverpool have a strike partnership. With Suarez and Sturridge.

Reaction score
As a Chelsea fan you can worry about Ramirez and the likes. Suarez has improved a lot!!! He's won every accolade there is to win.
Liverpool have a strike partnership. With Suarez and Sturridge.

Your MF is probably the worst from the top teams in top 5 leagues. You can't do zilch against CL opposition who dominate MF. SAS will be redundant (and they haven't been great against big teams too - flat track bullies for me). When someone like Gerrard is the main DM, it says alot .He has been brilliant in attack. WC passes, through balls but his goal tally is all penalties and defensively he's been poor when his team actually needed him to calm the tempo of the game down and track his man i.e. were on the backfoot (Man City 3-2 - that Man City spell, Palace 3-3, Stoke 3-5, Villa 2-2, even Soton caused lots of problem in ur 3-0 win).

Ramires is a diver. Agreed. But I really don't want to see him in Chelsea again. All he has is speed. Awful passing, pisspoor shooting, bad tackles, red cards, zero creative ability. It works in big games, but against small teams when we have to attack - not counterattack - he's awful. I hope we get someone like Kroos, Vidal, Pogba or whatever MF alongside the beast Matic.

And don't worry about your ST partnership, we are getting Costa or Mandzukic. We'll be back next season - we saw with Rodgers that you need atleast one year in transition. I am sure Mourinho knows the squad and our new style of play (the bus was only used for big matches where we couldn't risk attacking - as our ST miss alot of chances - won't happen next season).

Reaction score
lolz i dont want to argue again he brought atletico from starch to star

No he didn't. Aguero+Forlan reign was one in which Atletico remained in CL. Falcao won them the Europa League + got them into CL. Costa got them the league + CL final.

Torres's achievements pale (though he was the local lad - pure Atletico - that's why they love him the most)

Reaction score
Your MF is probably the worst from the top teams in top 5 leagues. You can't do zilch against CL opposition who dominate MF. SAS will be redundant (and they haven't been great against big teams too - flat track bullies for me). When someone like Gerrard is the main DM, it says alot .He has been brilliant in attack. WC passes, through balls but his goal tally is all penalties and defensively he's been poor when his team actually needed him to calm the tempo of the game down and track his man i.e. were on the backfoot (Man City 3-2 - that Man City spell, Palace 3-3, Stoke 3-5, Villa 2-2, even Soton caused lots of problem in ur 3-0 win).

Ramires is a diver. Agreed. But I really don't want to see him in Chelsea again. All he has is speed. Awful passing, pisspoor shooting, bad tackles, red cards, zero creative ability. It works in big games, but against small teams when we have to attack - not counterattack - he's awful. I hope we get someone like Kroos, Vidal, Pogba or whatever MF alongside the beast Matic.

And don't worry about your ST partnership, we are getting Costa or Mandzukic. We'll be back next season - we saw with Rodgers that you need atleast one year in transition. I am sure Mourinho knows the squad and our new style of play (the bus was only used for big matches where we couldn't risk attacking - as our ST miss alot of chances - won't happen next season).

Our midfield was okay. Good actually. Only lacked depth. In the last 3 games especially against Chelsea we missed Henderson who was suspended. Gerrard has adapted well to his new DM role after initially struggling. He needs Henderson and Sterling to do all the runs so he can pull the strings from behind and do his defensive work. And in those games he had to run which caused those problems.
And in those stupid draws and losses, it was not Gerrards fault, many of then were a result of defensive errors by Skrtel, Toure etc.
But then as much as I do agree that Gerrard's highlight is certainly not his defensive actions, but he has been praised by the likes of Pirlo and all for his new role, which makes me want to ignore your assessment about him. Plus our only DM Lucas was injured all the time and Joe Allen has just begun to emerge. Time will tell.
And why did almost every Sports channel include Steven Gerrard in their team of the year? Why was he nominated for almost every award in the PL? Certainly not because he did not adapt well to his new role. And yeah. I can guess a Chelsea fan's response, because he's English captain... whatever.
And you think we are not strengthening as well?
Bids launced for Emre Can and Shaqiri (YESS!!!) and probably upped their previous bid for Lallana.
And bids launched for Moreno and Lovren as well! HELL YESS!
And btw for all we know, who knows if your new striker will not turn defender under Mourinho. After all, one of the best forwards in Europe, your Hazard admits his dislike in ze Mou's defensive tactics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No he didn't. Aguero+Forlan reign was one in which Atletico remained in CL. Falcao won them the Europa League + got them into CL. Costa got them the league + CL final.

Torres's achievements pale (though he was the local lad - pure Atletico - that's why they love him the most)
ofc they all have contributions but torres bought them to division 1 so he is their biggest contributor

Reaction score
Lampard leaving Chelsea is beyond me.

Lampard has always said he'd like to end his career in the MLS. It also looks like he was unwilling to take another paycut. Has to have a farewell game.

From a squad point of view, it's a decent move. He clearly cannot adjust in a 4-2-3-1.
But in reality, to let go off someone so influential and brilliant - na. Wrong move. Should have given him whatever he wanted.