• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
Both are different players, but Messi is better. My opinion! :D
There are only 2 players in the world who are capable of scoring such goals - one is Argentina's Leonel Messi and the other is Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo. The combined effort of ref and Leo destroyed Iran today. That foul in Argentinian D box was a clear penalty! Poor Iran! :(

Reaction score
There are only 2 players in the world who are capable of scoring such goals - one is Argentina's Leonel Messi and the other is Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo. The combined effort of ref and Leo destroyed Iran today. That foul in Argentinian D box was a clear penalty! Poor Iran! :(

False. Ibrahimovic, Bale, Mata, Gerrard, Robben, Pogba, Cazorla (there are likely 50-100 more - these are just off the top of my head) can easily score such goals. The main thing that differentiates Ronaldo and Messi among the others is consistency and volume of goals scored.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Well in that case, Messi is better than CR7! And I'm sure all unbiased football fans would agree with me on this!

Reaction score
I personally prefer Ozil over Schurrle. Though if you wanted him to start because Germany is more less in the safe zone, then you do have a point!

Ozil and Gotze are similar players. You already have a world class playmaker and tempo-setter in Kroos, why pack the park with playmakers? Schurrle offers something different - directness. That will be needed in latter stages (him or Podolski) - their directness and ability of breaking past players is needed.

Still - I guess it would be unfair to bench Ozil or Gotze after their brilliant performance against Portugal.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
False. Ibrahimovic, Bale, Mata, Gerrard, Robben, Pogba, Cazorla (there are likely 50-100 more - these are just off the top of my head) can easily score such goals. The main thing that differentiates Ronaldo and Messi among the others is consistency and volume of goals scored.
Gerrard? Lol, okay.

Reaction score
Well in that case, Messi is better than CR7! And I'm sure all unbiased football fans would agree with me on this!

Correct. Look beyond Man Utd and Real Madrid fan and close to no-one considers Ronaldo better.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ozil and Gotze are similar players. You already have a world class playmaker and tempo-setter in Kroos, why pack the park with playmakers? Schurrle offers something different - directness. That will be needed in latter stages (him or Podolski) - their directness and ability of breaking past players is needed.

Still - I guess it would be unfair to bench Ozil or Gotze after their brilliant performance against Portugal.
So, who would you have replaced Schurrle with?

Reaction score
Gerrard? Lol, okay.

Gerrard is a brilliant long-range shooter tbh. That FA Cup Final goal vs West Ham, that goal against Olympiakos. Maybe not as good as guys like Scholes, CR7, Robben but still really good.

Reaction score
No man, both are best in their own way! Some think it's Messi, others say it's Cristiano. It's hard to pick out one from the two but if you ask me, I would pick Rony.

Reaction score
You support Belgium? They are a fun team support - I looked to be one too (along with Brazil), then Wilmots drove me away by giving Januzaj the place of Thorgan Hazard. :(

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
You support Belgium? They are a fun team support - I looked to be one too (along with Brazil), then Wilmots drove me away by giving Januzaj the place of Thorgan Hazard. :(
I do.
Oh come on now.. Though I haven't seen T.Hazard play, I'd prefer Januzaj over him anytime. Just because he's a Chelsea player, and has big praises from his brother, doesn't mean that you would blindly select him in such a competitive squad. He barely has any experience. Januzaj, on the other hand, has quite a lot of experience with his wonderful debut season with United.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Gerrard is a brilliant long-range shooter tbh. That FA Cup Final goal vs West Ham, that goal against Olympiakos. Maybe not as good as guys like Scholes, CR7, Robben but still really good.
No, man. You can't put him in that cateogory, you just can't. I mean, he is good in his position and all, and can score good goals, too, but hell, any professional footballer with the same experience can score goals like that.

Reaction score
I do.
Oh come on now.. Though I haven't seen T.Hazard play, I'd prefer Januzaj over him anytime. Just because he's a Chelsea player, and has big praises from his brother, doesn't mean that you would blindly select him in such a competitive squad. He barely has any experience. Januzaj, on the other hand, has quite a lot of experience with his wonderful debut season with United.

Obviously Januzaj is above him. But Thorgan Hazard was player of the season of Belgium Division 1. The best player of the Belgian division not in the squad. Thinking about it, maybe he could have been there instead of Chadli.

Reaction score
No, man. You can't put him in that cateogory, you just can't. I mean, he is good in his position and all, and can score good goals, too, but hell, any professional footballer with the same experience can score goals like that.

Brace yourself. AtemisDelta is coming tomorrow to argue with this. :v

Anyway, match starting, ttyl.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously Januzaj is above him. But Thorgan Hazard was player of the season of Belgium Division 1. The best player of the Belgian division not in the squad. Thinking about it, maybe he could have been there instead of Chadli.
Now this is an entirely different point. And makes sense. Because before, you talked about him over Januzaj which was clearly unfair!
Like I said, I haven't seen T.Hazard play, so can't really back him up here! But he's 21, and if he was as good as you and other Chelsea supporters say that he is, he should have proven himself on a much bigger stage. Maybe, we'll find out this season!
Now Chadli's selection in the squad makes sense because of his past performances, but his place in the starting XI doesn't. He has been so poor recently.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Brace yourself. AtemisDelta is coming tomorrow to argue with this. :v

Anyway, match starting, ttyl.
Of course. All scousers consider him some mighty creature who is perfect in all ways, and should not be hated.
But that's just my honest opinion. And well, I'm no scouser. So there.