• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
1383079_10152290273144279_3155249857929339887_n.jpg

Official, with Giggs as his assistant. Fingers crossed.

And Ryan Giggs retires :'(
Good luck fellas :) (y)(y)
Giggs as assistant is awesome for Uniteds future as Van Gaal would most probably leave due to his age in 3-4 years !

Reaction score
You win some, you lose some. Atletico 1-0 up untill 93. Concede at 93 and go on to lose 4-1. Wow.

Gutted for Simeone, but at the same time happy for Ancelloti. Both amazing managers, although I wish Atletico had won. Football would've won if Atletico had won.

Reaction score
That said, nothing but respect for Atletico. Going this far and leading for an hour against a team full of superstars with the squad they have, AND doing so with Costa and Turan absent. Wow.

Reaction score
2013/2014 ... Witnessed one of the best ever football seasons in history.
From the Premier League to the FA Cup, to the La Liga to the Budesliga to the Europa League to the Champions League...
Goals galore. Broken records. Competition at its supreme best. Exciting Football at its very best. Hilarious Rivalries. Euphoric Fan frenzy. Flying banners. Epic Manager digs at each other. Oh and the sackings :p
However hard it might be to take it, it also showed that in the end splashing the cash (wisely) does win you laurels (and financial penalties too)
The resurgence of teams like Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Liverpool was lovely to watch. They displayed the true face of football. Team spirit, grit, passion and electric record breaking displays.
Some defeats were just too cruel. But then why do we fall... so we can learn to pick ourselves up.
To sum it up, it was a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L season. And I am proud to have lived it. :D

Now to the World Cup. And then the Transfer window.

Reaction score
tumblr_n63ozo6ltY1turddeo1_500.jpg

The Twelve-year wait has finally ended, the Decima is finally ours!
Sergio Ramos, turned the tables. Angel di Maria, amazing performance. Bale managed to justify the price tag, too. What a night!

Hats off to Carlo Ancelotti who made this and the Copa del Rey win possible. Epic season! :')

Hala Madrid!

Reaction score
tumblr_n63ozo6ltY1turddeo1_500.jpg

The Twelve-year wait has finally ended, the Decima is finally ours!
Sergio Ramos, turned the tables. Angel di Maria, amazing performance. Bale managed to justify the price tag, too. What a night!

Hats off to Carlo Ancelotti who made this and the Copa del Rey win possible. Epic season! :')

Hala Madrid!
What a season, indeed! Two trophies. Champions League. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.:D
Hats off to all my warriors for fighting till the last minute and getting what they deserved. I'm so proud of them!
Congratz to all the Madridistas!!
HALA MADRID!!!
#ChampionsOfEurope

tumblr_n63nb8tb3c1s3q4b0o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Their 200M sponsorship was probably the dumbest way to beat FFP ever.
Blanc's decision to sign Cavani has been an awful decision. He isn't reverting from his 4-3-3 and wasting Cavani on the right of a 4-3-3. Since Cavani has such a high transfer fee, you have to play him. Also this is stalling the impact of Lucas Moura.
This Luiz transfer is just daylight robbery.

And that PSG became rich late but still reached further in the UCL is probably the worst statement I ever heard.

And ur probably the dumbest person i've ever seen

As nuetral outsider, the way Nasser Al-Khelaifi has turned PSG into a european powerhouse is spectacular
The transition has been superfast.....
The luiz transfer is stupid but cavani's had a lot of though put in...they prolly thought ibrahimovic was not was not about to have a season such as this.....the neymar transfer was even worse........
I agree that the way they're trying to fool FFP is dumb but they way they have converted money into performances on the pitch is remarkable

Reaction score
Zlatan for just 30million
Thiago Silva

Man City got the money in 2007
PSG became rich in 2010
yet PSG reach further in the UCL.....

They've done everything perfectly..

55mil for Cavani. Wayyy over his market value. Funny thing. Cavani is unsettled. So, either he wants a move away from PSG (loss in terms of money spent), or he wants more $$$. So, its a lose-lose situ.

Thiago Silva. 35m ish. A 28 year old CB, undoubtedly one of the best in his position, but a guy with 2-3 good years in him. With every day passing, his value is decreasing exponentially and he's aging. He's becoming more and more prone to injury, and he has already peaked.

Just 30 mil, you say. What I see is a 30 year old person with a history of hopping clubs every 2-3 years. I think the max he has stayed somewhere in his senior career is 3.5 years. Might be wrong though. Regardless, at 33-34, either he'll hang his boots or he'll move for peanuts. In either of those cases, the club's gaining nothing. The net spend is shooting down. Not to mention his mammoth wages.

Lucas Moura. 35m for a totally unproven player. Sure he's young and talented and all that, but 35 mil? Sheesh. Ohh, right, before I forget. 220k a week. Bloody hell.

I can go on and on and on. There's no point in this argument and there's no conclusion if you don't want there to be one. Oh, and did I mention, their wage bill is sky high.

__

As far as Champions League goes, it's stupid, to say the least, to compare City and PSG like that.

Firstly, City had a much tougher group. Round of 16, City drew Barca. PSG drew I think Leverkusen. They crashed out when the drew a half decent team. Previous years, just take a look at the groups City has been getting. Group of Death year after year.
Secondly, since when is 'reached further in the CL than you' a suitable measure to compare two teams? By this logic, United has had a more successful season than Arsenal, City, Milan etc. Ridiculous to suggest such a thing. You can't compare two team like that. For starters, PSG won one of the easiest leagues there is out there. City won arguably the toughest. And for the second time in 2 years.

Since 2010, City and PSG have had the same number of trophies. Actually no. City had a League Cup this year too. So that's one extra for City. PSG 3 - 4 City. I'm sure you can tell which one of the two had to go through a tougher title run.

Oh, and, in their leagues, City scored 102 times. PSG only about 85. Since we're using outdated methods to compare, I thought, why not throw this in too. :)

Reaction score
And ur probably the dumbest person i've ever seen

As nuetral outsider, the way Nasser Al-Khelaifi has turned PSG into a european powerhouse is spectacular
The transition has been superfast.....
The luiz transfer is stupid but cavani's had a lot of though put in...they prolly thought ibrahimovic was not was not about to have a season such as this.....the neymar transfer was even worse........
I agree that the way they're trying to fool FFP is dumb but they way they have converted money into performances on the pitch is remarkable

Remarkable? Whatt??? You're joking, right?
Thought put in? Nope. Only money.

Paying ridiculously over market price for people and paying them ridiculously over the average general wage isn't remarkable. It isn't even commendable. I pity their philosophy and their system. While football clubs should not be money generating projects (Arsenal, off the top of my head), they also shouldn't be pumping way too much into the game, spoiling the essence of the sport and transforming them into a business. There's a concept in Poker known as the 'big-stack bully'. People with a larger buy in get what they want by paying (or being able to pay) more. This is precisely what's going on. Pay more, inflate the players value, pay him more.

Once in a while, it's okay. Bale, Neymar, Ronaldo etc (although I still maintain Neymar and Bale weren't worth half of what their clubs paid for them, but that's another thing. Obsession!) Sometimes, a kid throws tantrums to get what he wants. Football clubs and owners are like that. Sometimes they're obsessed by this one guy and are willing to move the moon to get them. Obviously, this is wrong too but it doesn't ruin the game. In fact, in my opinion, it only helps motivate young talent (which can be bad too, bigger clubs may snatch away talent. The Hazard saga going on, off the top of my head.). However, what PSG and City have done is 'spoil' footballers. Any half decent teenager now goes with demands as though he's already the biggest player in the world. Ludicrous. Spoiling the sport. I feel sorry for Arsenal. That's a system I truly admire yet their players move for money as soon as they get the opportunity. Look at Sagna, for example. He can't complain about the trophy drought. He can't complain about the system. Any half-decent footballer will know the potential held by Arsenal + their desire to succeed. Too bad players now only care about money. And guess why. Two guesses.