• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

For A* in A Level Maths

Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me how many marks are required for an overall A* grade in A Level Mathematics and also the marks required in each respective component(P1,P3M1,S1)? I am giving double maths/accelerated maths this year and require an A* very badly for UK university admission. Post your opinions here! :cool:

Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me how many marks are required for an overall A* grade in A Level Mathematics and also the marks required in each respective component(P1,P3M1,S1)? I am giving double maths/accelerated maths this year and require an A* very badly for UK university admission. Post your opinions here! :cool:

okay umm well first of all exactly how many marks are required for an A or A* varies each year.. so to be on the safe side a score of 190(ranges from around 183-192) would pretty much grant you an A, while a score of somewhere around 220 (ranges from 212-222) would pretty much guarantee an A*, umm get above 44 in m1 and s1, get 70 in p1 and 65-70 in p3.. should get you an A* easily