• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

For BIOLOGY paper 2 !!! How did every one do???

Reaction score
About Bio Paper !!!How did all of you do???
Easy or hard?
For the enzyme tertiary structure and HIV antibodies production question, I hardly relate to the enzyme and HIV. Will that lose a lot of mark?

Reaction score
ummm paper was i guess easy.........well tertiary structure of the enzyme lysozyme was due to further folding of secondary structure it was stabilized by disulphide bonds between r groups of amino acids, and due to ionic bonds hydrogen bonds n hydrophobic intereactions n tertiary structure gives enzyme the 3D shape which is important for every enzyme for its active site... now comes the second part t helper cells have receptor sites on their cell surface membrane so when the body get exposed to the antigen of HIV receptor of t helper cells get bind to it n release chemicals which stimulate the specific b lymphocytes they in turn divide n form plasma cells which secrete antibodies ............. well these are the answers which i wrote in the paper i guess they are rite up-to some limit is it???

Reaction score
tooba samad said:
ummm paper was i guess easy.........well tertiary structure of the enzyme lysozyme was due to further folding of secondary structure it was stabilized by disulphide bonds between r groups of amino acids, and due to ionic bonds hydrogen bonds n hydrophobic intereactions n tertiary structure gives enzyme the 3D shape which is important for every enzyme for its active site... now comes the second part t helper cells have receptor sites on their cell surface membrane so when the body get exposed to the antigen of HIV receptor of t helper cells get bind to it n release chemicals which stimulate the specific b lymphocytes they in turn divide n form plasma cells which secrete antibodies ............. well these are the answers which i wrote in the paper i guess they are rite up-to some limit is it???

For the first one. I only wrote. Hydrogen bond form between polar R groups. Covalent bond form between cystein molecules. Hydrophobic interactions formed between non-polar R groups and Ionic bond form between amine and carboxylic acid group. Do you think that is OK? For the second one , it seemed that I forgot to mention T cells. I only mentioned macrophage came first to expose the antigen. Then, antibody receptors on B lymphocytes bind to the antigens and are stimulated to develop into memory cells and plasma cells. Plasma cells secret antibody so the antibody is made. Your answer is much better than mine and I believe that you will get a good mark on these questions. Good luck to your following exams!

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my variant was different than yours. I had some questions about the human heart, malaria and the nitrogen cycle... with no plants, or ecossystems, or any of the hard stuff. I can say this: THE EXAM WAS SO FREAKIN EASY! :D I'm pretty sure even an IGCSE student could get at least a C on that exam.

The Malaria part was common sense, "Why malaria only exists on the tropics?" and "How can vaccination lead to erradication of a disease", as easy as it can get. Nitrogen cycle, if you studied it for 5 minutes, you would get the 4 marks. The only not so easy part was the heart "blood pressure" graph :cry: , where you had to say when valves open, closed, etc. But that was only 4 points. The rest, i answered with no problem, and no time issues.

Anyone that had the same exam as I, can you share some thoughts? I'm only worried everyone did very well, and we'll be seeing 80% of the exam correct becoming a B. :evil:

Reaction score
i had that varient
well it was good moslty from the past papers
as i did em one day before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i did em long back too!! but doing again was crucial!

Reaction score
da whole paper wz easy but dat vaccination quesn!!!! i dono wat were dey askin.......i wrote sumthn weird :roll:

Reaction score
TheDukee said:
I'm pretty sure my variant was different than yours. I had some questions about the human heart, malaria and the nitrogen cycle... with no plants, or ecossystems, or any of the hard stuff. I can say this: THE EXAM WAS SO FREAKIN EASY! :D I'm pretty sure even an IGCSE student could get at least a C on that exam.

The Malaria part was common sense, "Why malaria only exists on the tropics?" and "How can vaccination lead to erradication of a disease", as easy as it can get. Nitrogen cycle, if you studied it for 5 minutes, you would get the 4 marks. The only not so easy part was the heart "blood pressure" graph :cry: , where you had to say when valves open, closed, etc. But that was only 4 points. The rest, i answered with no problem, and no time issues.

Anyone that had the same exam as I, can you share some thoughts? I'm only worried everyone did very well, and we'll be seeing 80% of the exam correct becoming a B. :evil:

Our variant are so different from yours! We were asked about HIV and we were asked to interpret data in table. Rather than vaccination, we were asked how antibodies against HIV were produced in a person who were detected to have HIV antibodies. For the ecology, we were asked to draw foodwebs according to the article given. I was so nervous at the exam so I made many mstakes. I am afraid I will only get 38 out of 60.

Reaction score
yah...it was easy...i think the blood pressure graph and vaccination question was tuff

Reaction score
not the vacination one indeed one with table regarding life expantancies with and witout hiv

Reaction score
Ya i had the same paper as TheDukee, ....i felt it was a waste of time to study the bio books because the questions needed common sense, at least most of them like the malaria one and the vaccination 1...the hardest part was choosing the numbers of the heart systole, and closing and opening of the heart thingy....im pretty sure most of my classmates got that question wrong...but the rest of it was plain simple LOL...i hope the multiple choice is this easy

Reaction score
nannes said:
what was the answer for vaccination question...gosh sum1 reply me...

Vaccination question u just needed to say vaccination creates immunisation to the disease, more people are immune = less transmittion, less transmittion = less cases. If vaccination continues, patogen won't have enough people to be transmitted to, so will eventually die out, and be erradicated. Elaborate that a little more, and you would get full marks. :D

And I agree with abdo69. I also feel like I wasted my time studying for this exam :lol: . With P3 and P2 going that well, only a disasterous P1 would give me a bad mark. Well, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ;)