• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

For those who have done the A2 Past Papers...

Reaction score
Aoa everyone...this one's for those that are taking the A2 exams this year and are done with the past papers.Please tell me how much time does it take to do all the past papers for one subject...Im freaking out...

Reaction score
Depends on the subject- for ones with mcq's, the mcq's start off slow (meaning your rate of completing them increases as you do more of them) and the other two papers will always take time. for example, Accounting or lets say Physics

For subjects like business, and economics data response+essay papers, I suggest you do NOT do the past papers. They will erode your practice time and are not worth it. I had developed another method of doing them - I used foxit PDF reader to open both question papers and mark schemes side by side, then I read the questions followed by the answers. I did this from 2001 onwards till O/N 2010 as I gave my exams in M/J 2011. This method took very little time, lets say one whole day grinding on one subject's data response, and it helped me see how the exam+syllabus pattern changed, how much which question was repeated and also taught me how to write answers following the mark scheme.

did this help? or need more tips?

Reaction score
Thank you whatsmyname...just another thing.Im thinking that you did take physics and Im taking it too..so how much time did it take to do all the paper 4...as in timing them and everything...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Depends on the subject- for ones with mcq's, the mcq's start off slow (meaning your rate of completing them increases as you do more of them) and the other two papers will always take time. for example, Accounting or lets say Physics

For subjects like business, and economics data response+essay papers, I suggest you do NOT do the past papers. They will erode your practice time and are not worth it. I had developed another method of doing them - I used foxit PDF reader to open both question papers and mark schemes side by side, then I read the questions followed by the answers. I did this from 2001 onwards till O/N 2010 as I gave my exams in M/J 2011. This method took very little time, lets say one whole day grinding on one subject's data response, and it helped me see how the exam+syllabus pattern changed, how much which question was repeated and also taught me how to write answers following the mark scheme.

did this help? or need more tips?
Assalamoalaikum wr wb..

ahan..i see.. (y) may I know what grade you got?