• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Fsc for engineering and side by side Alevels privately?

Reaction score
Okay so Im a little confused. I have been recommended and warned by a lot of people to choose Fsc after O Levels rather than A Levels if Im going into engineering and have to stay in Pakistan only. Im going to do Fsc now but the thing is I dont want to be tied into one place. The reason I badly wanted to do A Levels was that I could choose a lot of different subjects rather than only focusing on the subjects which Im planning to take as a profession. Though Im going to do engineering I cant imagine not doing some other subject I actually like so I was wondering if I could do Alevels privately and choose the subjects I want to study side by side like psychology, english literature and economics perhaps. Is it a good idea?

Reaction score
Okay so Im a little confused. I have been recommended and warned by a lot of people to choose Fsc after O Levels rather than A Levels if Im going into engineering and have to stay in Pakistan only. Im going to do Fsc now but the thing is I dont want to be tied into one place. The reason I badly wanted to do A Levels was that I could choose a lot of different subjects rather than only focusing on the subjects which Im planning to take as a profession. Though Im going to do engineering I cant imagine not doing some other subject I actually like so I was wondering if I could do Alevels privately and choose the subjects I want to study side by side like psychology, english literature and economics perhaps. Is it a good idea?
Highly not recommended!
You should carry on with A Levels (Engineering Subjects) and take as many extra subjects as u like. Just forget about FSc for now...
Agreed that after doing A Levels, it is a bit difficult to get into a good Engineering University in Pak. Still, it's only a "little bit" difficult. Seeing your confidence, I think you can easily cop with this problem.
You just have to study FSc courses towards the end of your A-2 and u can make into a good University IA.

Reaction score
Highly not recommended!
You should carry on with A Levels (Engineering Subjects) and take as many extra subjects as u like. Just forget about FSc for now...
Agreed that after doing A Levels, it is a bit difficult to get into a good Engineering University in Pak. Still, it's only a "little bit" difficult. Seeing your confidence, I think you can easily cop with this problem.
You just have to study FSc courses towards the end of your A-2 and u can make into a good University IA.

I just finished my o level's and I'm confused about what to do next. My friends say if I do FSC now it would be easy for me to give the entry tests for the universities and if I do a levels like you said I still have to study fsc course at the end. I'm planning to do engineering. so which is better you think FSC or A levels.
I have joined Fsc academy and the way their system works is the worse. I think I might now be able to adopt this change and if I carry on to do fsc I might ending up with bad grades.

Reaction score
I just finished my o level's and I'm confused about what to do next. My friends say if I do FSC now it would be easy for me to give the entry tests for the universities and if I do a levels like you said I still have to study fsc course at the end. I'm planning to do engineering. so which is better you think FSC or A levels.
I have joined Fsc academy and the way their system works is the worse. I think I might now be able to adopt this change and if I carry on to do fsc I might ending up with bad grades.

Well... i always advise students to go for A-Levels when they are to choose against FSc. Some people may disagree with me, but I think if ur good enough in studies, u an get into universities after doing A-Levels as well.
However if u think u can survive the FSc system and not totally fall victim to the ratta there, then sure go for FSc.
One more thing, I have seen very closely students from both backgrounds, and I have discovered that excelling in ur field, all depends on the student and nothing else.