• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSc or Alevel?? For MBBS!!

What to adopt Now?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I Had done o'levels this year with 7A*, 1A ,1B. Well, i'm Confused what to Do Next, as I'm gonna do MBBS. Now The Thing is that Should I do FSc or A'levels??

Reaction score
A levels, you got the result in O levels. You can get in A levels too, A level lasts for a very short time. FSc means, bigger class sizes, completely different method of studying, and a person takes time to get used to that, you are used to the CIE system from 3 years but not to the local system. So, you don't want to waste time by not being able to adjust in FSc. I have friends with O/A levels in both private and public med schools of Pakistan. All you need is to keep going the way you are right now.

Reaction score
i have the same ques, i want to do mbbs, i m in ksa n will go to pak for further studies...........but whenever i ask sm1 wether i shud do a level or fsc they say fsc is better as they deduct 20% marks of a level students so can sm1 plz guide me m relle cnfuzd :(

Reaction score
i have the same ques, i want to do mbbs, i m in ksa n will go to pak for further studies...........but whenever i ask sm1 wether i shud do a level or fsc they say fsc is better as they deduct 20% marks of a level students so can sm1 plz guide me m relle cnfuzd :(
Since the introduction of A* grade, our equivalence doesn't drop too low. A levels is a good choice because Fsc system is quite different, one has to learn a lot and I've heard that teachers emphasize not to clear the concepts of students instead they emphasize on the ways for getting more marks. The syllabus content for both Fsc and A levels is almost same, however in A Levels you'll have to take three compulsory science subjects to get into a medical school but in Fsc there will be 6 subjects. You can get into medical school weather you've done A Levels or Fsc. You have to decide which interests you more, because you can do well in what interests you.

Reaction score
I Had done o'levels this year with 7A*, 1A ,1B. Well, i'm Confused what to Do Next, as I'm gonna do MBBS. Now The Thing is that Should I do FSc or A'levels??
you have good olevel result so go for alevel and get good result result in that too. in that case your equivalenece will be above 950. fsc system is completely different and it will be bit hard for you to adjust in there and get marks.
But keep in mind that medical entrance test comes from fsc books

Reaction score
Since the introduction of A* grade, our equivalence doesn't drop too low. A levels is a good choice because Fsc system is quite different, one has to learn a lot and I've heard that teachers emphasize not to clear the concepts of students instead they emphasize on the ways for getting more marks. The syllabus content for both Fsc and A levels is almost same, however in A Levels you'll have to take three compulsory science subjects to get into a medical school but in Fsc there will be 6 subjects. You can get into medical school weather you've done A Levels or Fsc. You have to decide which interests you more, because you can do well in what interests you.

thnx 4 the help :)