• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Funding studies in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The truth is that there are a number of things that universities consider before they give you admission. You should have an average to above average academic record, a good extracurricular record and recommendations. And the essays matter. A lot.
I find this whole admission thingy pretty confusing too. I guess I'll die of panic attacks just applying! :p
Found http://www.calnewport.com interesting. Check it out. :)

Reaction score
@MAVtKnmJ
gerrard's right. I also know of a person who didn't get admission into good uni in the US like Harvard, Princeton, Yale etc despite getting perfect scores in SAT 1 & 2. To be honest American universities are discouraging Pakistani students especially guys to get admission into their universities. Probably due to terrorism and all..

Reaction score
stud91 said:
@MAVtKnmJ
gerrard's right. I also know of a person who didn't get admission into good uni in the US like Harvard, Princeton, Yale etc despite getting perfect scores in SAT 1 & 2. Probably due to terrorism and all..

Contradict much?

I stand corrected with my Two Valid Reasons!

P.S

So many people claim to get full marks but no proof!

Plus SAT scores don't account for much in your application! Top universities want a remarkable student who is praiseworthy in all fields of life such as studies, sports, extra-curricular, has a good application and has written a good essay etc.

Reaction score
This topic is now locked due to non-compliance with the forum rules

Kindly, bear in mind the following things:

1- The sole basis of any argument is "reason" not "humiliating language".
2- Discussion as far as it is beneficial for all is allowed, though, personal opinion taken to extremism is not allowed.
3- Anyone involved in the use of even a 'single' slang word is now being warned. Further argument on this will lead to a ban.
4- In future create such topics in career council.
5- English is the standard language to be used in the forum so that anyone can equally access the information.

Please bear the above points in mind to ensure a good forum atmosphere in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.