• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General Paper 8004 (Reader's Thoughts needed)

Reaction score
I want comments on this essay i wrote, any suggestions, reccomendations, opinions. In the As version of general paper, the word limit is 500-600 words and i have 509.

How far have international organizations succeeded in promoting peace and cooperation around the world.

Endorsing peace and cooperation has been a major element that has been appreciated all over the world. The state in which we are in right now, with all the commotion and clatter, we cannot fail to emphasize the importance of this. Individuals as well as group organizations are always advised to encourage the nature of peace and prosperity amongst others to create a stable harmony. A large number of international organizations have supported this factor and have done their part in ensuring they are the ones who influence individuals into doing the same. Some organizations such as social enterprises or charities are dedicated to sponsoring serenity and collaboration and have established a well-known reputation amongst public.

Peace Corps is a US organization filled with men and women who work as volunteers and perform tasks that communities have to face in the world. They live in different countries every two years and try to help communities protect their environment, gain access to the clean water, and prevent the spread of diseases. In addition they also try to bring peace between other people by guiding and making them aware of the culture and historic values that Americans possess, so a better understanding is created as a multicultural nation. Creativity for Peace is another organization which is committed to a time of peace when people and nations coexist by understanding and respecting each other. Their mission statement declare that they concern themselves by understanding the values of both Palestinian and Israeli girls and women, and they encourage their members to take on significant roles in their communities, thus providing a sustainable coexistence. They do this by offering leadership training to the youth, and by offering academic scholarships and summer camps which help bring tranquility between two nations. These are some of the organizations that are devoted in constructing and supporting the concept of peace and cooperation around the world and within themselves.

The absence of these organizations does very little to us, and can severely damage us and the way we think. Imagine a globe where humankinds are not remotely curious of how one nation treats the other? We would be living in an abyss knowing that we hold no such interest in making our surrounding healthier. Therefore political state of affairs as well as economic conditions will eventually worsen to the point where we as human beings won’t stand a chance in rectifying the position of our economy. Moreover if no such action is taken place, then we will be reluctant in initiating a war against other countries due to the fact that peace and cooperation were no such elements endorsed in our society.
Peace is a small word but holds a very deep meaning that we all need to recognize. International organizations have done a fair amount of job in preventing catastrophic decisions to take place. Not only should we spread this message around, but we should also take part in these organizations and do our part in generating a more secure place for us to live in.

Reaction score
For some reason, i cannot copy and past the essay, so il attach it.

Attachments

• Essay.docx
    13 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
if you highlight your screen ^ where the blank is you will be able to read it. Dont know why it wouldnt show the copied text.

Reaction score
I want comments on this essay i wrote, any suggestions, reccomendations, opinions. In the As version of general paper, the word limit is 500-600 words and i have 509.

How far have international organizations succeeded in promoting peace and cooperation around the world.

Endorsing peace and cooperation has been a major element that has been appreciated all over the world. The state in which we are in right now, with all the commotion and clatter, we cannot fail to emphasize the importance of this. Individuals as well as group organizations are always advised to encourage the nature of peace and prosperity amongst others to create a stable harmony. A large number of international organizations have supported this factor and have done their part in ensuring they are the ones who influence individuals into doing the same. Some organizations such as social enterprises or charities are dedicated to sponsoring serenity and collaboration and have established a well-known reputation amongst public.

Peace Corps is a US organization filled with men and women who work as volunteers and perform tasks that communities have to face in the world. They live in different countries every two years and try to help communities protect their environment, gain access to the clean water, and prevent the spread of diseases. In addition they also try to bring peace between other people by guiding and making them aware of the culture and historic values that Americans possess, so a better understanding is created as a multicultural nation. Creativity for Peace is another organization which is committed to a time of peace when people and nations coexist by understanding and respecting each other. Their mission statement declare that they concern themselves by understanding the values of both Palestinian and Israeli girls and women, and they encourage their members to take on significant roles in their communities, thus providing a sustainable coexistence. They do this by offering leadership training to the youth, and by offering academic scholarships and summer camps which help bring tranquility between two nations. These are some of the organizations that are devoted in constructing and supporting the concept of peace and cooperation around the world and within themselves.

The absence of these organizations does very little to us, and can severely damage us and the way we think. Imagine a globe where humankinds are not remotely curious of how one nation treats the other? We would be living in an abyss knowing that we hold no such interest in making our surrounding healthier. Therefore political state of affairs as well as economic conditions will eventually worsen to the point where we as human beings won’t stand a chance in rectifying the position of our economy. Moreover if no such action is taken place, then we will be reluctant in initiating a war against other countries due to the fact that peace and cooperation were no such elements endorsed in our society.
Peace is a small word but holds a very deep meaning that we all need to recognize. International organizations have done a fair amount of job in preventing catastrophic decisions to take place. Not only should we spread this message around, but we should also take part in these organizations and do our part in generating a more secure place for us to live in.

This essay will score grade C, or if GT falls a lot then a maximum B

Source:

GP distinction

Reaction score
How can i make my essay writing skills better to a point where i gain an A?

- Do research
- The essay should not sound like a debate, it should and has to be an argument. You have to consider the plausibility of your example in both the positive and negative context in each paragraph not separately
- Your vocabulary is good, but examples are generic, rather than naming organizations focus on 1 example of a specific measure taken by an organization and then prove your point
- Always counter-argue your point and refute counter arguments with real world examples too
- Overall, focus should be on evaluation rather than description of examples

Reaction score
- Do research
- The essay should not sound like a debate, it should and has to be an argument. You have to consider the plausibility of your example in both the positive and negative context in each paragraph not separately
- Your vocabulary is good, but examples are generic, rather than naming organizations focus on 1 example of a specific measure taken by an organization and then prove your point
- Always counter-argue your point and refute counter arguments with real world examples too
- Overall, focus should be on evaluation rather than description of examples
Did you give general paper 8004?

Reaction score
What did you get and how did u prepared yourself, how much time did you consume on this exam each day?

Grade A (Top in the Region) well GP was my 10th A level so I never really studied for it as the general knowledge and exam technique were pretty much pre-existent just gave a reading to the examiner reports 1 week before the exam

Reaction score
Grade A (Top in the Region) well GP was my 10th A level so I never really studied for it as the general knowledge and exam technique were pretty much pre-existent just gave a reading to the examiner reports 1 week before the exam
dayum thats good. Congrats, Okey i need to get an A aswell, obviously who doesnt, but yea if you do have any more tips on how to score well, then do let me know. Im hoping to improve my techniques with the useful stuff you just told me

Reaction score
dayum thats good. Congrats, Okey i need to get an A aswell, obviously who doesnt, but yea if you do have any more tips on how to score well, then do let me know. Im hoping to improve my techniques with the useful stuff you just told me

Yep, write an essay again from a past exam, read its examiner report and keep the above tips in mind, use a bit of google then I'll let you know if any other improvements are needed

Reaction score
Hey i wanted to know if my essay can have the following parts in it.
- Outline of the topic
- Introduction
- Thesis
- Body
- Conclusion

Reaction score
What should i write in the thesis?
Technically, your argument needs to have 1 introduction, 5-6 body paragraphs with 1 point evaluated in each paragraph with 1 supporting and 1 counter argument example and finally a conclusion so your thesis is basically your evaluation once you mention your topic statement at the beginning of the paragraph which shows what you're going to talk about in the rest of the paragraph

Reaction score
Technically, your argument needs to have 1 introduction, 5-6 body paragraphs with 1 point evaluated in each paragraph with 1 supporting and 1 counter argument example and finally a conclusion so your thesis is basically your evaluation once you mention your topic statement at the beginning of the paragraph which shows what you're going to talk about in the rest of the paragraph
Are all essays given in the exam assumed to be written in an argumentative way? And whats a counter argument?