• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General paper discussion

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty incredible, an A* in maths :)
I hope I get the same
you will inshallah..however two tips:
1. If you see a scary question do not get paranoid.
2. Show each and every stage of a solution of a problem....even if its for only 1 mark...even if you have to use words....show everythng that helped you get that answer......you'll get an A*

Reaction score
2. Show each and every stage of a solution of a problem....even if its for only 1 mark...even if you have to use words....show everythng that helped you get that answer......you'll get an A*
i actually don't agree ur 2nd tip completely. I also got an A* in math in november. U shuld show ur working but not for 1 mark questions. U just have to write direct answers in them. Instead of spending time on working, use certain tricks to get ur answer quickly. In this way u will get more time for rechecking in which u can correct almost all the mistakes if u r well prepared. Also working is considered when ur answer is wrong expect in a few cases where question demands u to show complete working.

Reaction score
How did you prepare for maths btw? Topical past papers?

Reaction score
Lol two of us say that it was the organs which could be infected and two of us say that it was the organs which could be seen.
Let's just leave it
M the third one to say the ques said 'exposed to infection' ;) V in majority :p

Reaction score
i actually don't agree ur 2nd tip completely. I also got an A* in math in november. U shuld show ur working but not for 1 mark questions. U just have to write direct answers in them. Instead of spending time on working, use certain tricks to get ur answer quickly. In this way u will get more time for rechecking in which u can correct almost all the mistakes if u r well prepared. Also working is considered when ur answer is wrong expect in a few cases where question demands u to show complete working.
i read the examiner tips...that no matter wat the working, its best to show it...u must not give the examiner any chance to deduct any marks.....

Reaction score
How did you prepare for maths btw? Topical past papers?
Actually I never refer to topical past pprs..
I first finished all the books recommended by Cambridge as well as D1 to D4...and then did timed yearly past papers for practise...I find that topical past papers dont suit me.

Reaction score
Wat about pancreas? is it correct?
I asked a doctor...and he said that it could be accepted...however since it is hidden, it may not be infected more immediately than the liver....but he said yes pancreas should be perfectly acceptable...

Reaction score
i read the examiner tips...that no matter wat the working, its best to show it...u must not give the examiner any chance to deduct any marks.....
I agree with thermentor here, even 0.5 marks count and who knows? The examiner may just mark your working.
P.S. Not advisable for candidates who are slow and fail to manage time properly.

Reaction score
I asked a doctor...and he said that it could be accepted...however since it is hidden, it may not be infected more immediately than the liver....but he said yes pancreas should be perfectly acceptable...
LOL. Did u ask him about the deudenom? :/ and what about the gall bladder/spleen?

Reaction score
I agree with thermentor here, even 0.5 marks count and who knows? The examiner may just mark your working.
P.S. Not advisable for candidates who are slow and fail to manage time properly.
yeah...that's true...if u cant manage time, then you can skip the working in a 1 mark question but still it is best to show it....From the examiner's point of view, the item writer who sets the questions and the examiners who mark the student's responses, they do not want to see the answer...infact in some cases, the answer may not even have any monetary value...What they want to see is what got the candidate thinking, and wat came to his mind, and how he organized the pieces of the puzzle, to get the answer....

Reaction score
Update: Following papers can be discussed now
Food and Nutrition 1
Religious Studies (Bible Knowledge) 12
English Language 21
English Language 22
English Language (Brunei) 2