• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General Paper Tips

Reaction score
hello, i need some really good tips regarding the research that u do in this paper and then write it in a condensed form when its paper time. is it like writing essays in O-level or is it sth different? what things are to be kept in mind while writing? help..

Reaction score
In first paragraph (introduction) of general paper you are suppose to simply state whether you agree with or refute the topic.
In the body paragraph (it must consist of more than one paragraph) you have to elaborate the topic. Now how to elaborate? Remember that every point you make should be in separate paragraph. If the points are too small you can join two points into one paragraph. Once you have made the point in the opening sentence of the paragraph you must, mind you, you must support the points with examples. Example can be from personal experience, history, books, newspaper, etc. Remember when you are making up any personal example make sure that the example is plausible. You make one point and give example.
Now in the concluding paragraph (conclusion) you are suppose to rephrase your statement of introduction paragraph.

Reaction score
and i suppose there has to be many facts in the essay or u wont be awarded marks? am i right?

Reaction score
Exactly. There has to be a lot of facts in your essay. Your essay is mostly awarded on those facts. If you give general discussion of the topics without giving relevant and good examples you will get very less marks. If you make few grammatical mistakes, it might be neglected.

Reaction score
The only thing that can get you A in GP is to pray that your examiner will be high while checking. :)