• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General Paper VS English Language?

Reaction score
Please can anybody help me with this..........which subject will help me in SAT and improve my vocabulary and spoken English?

Reaction score
Please can anybody help me with this..........which subject will help me in SAT and improve my vocabulary and spoken English?
umm i dunt hv the answer to ur question but will u plz tell me wat is this general ppr about?

Reaction score
umm i dunt hv the answer to ur question but will u plz tell me wat is this general ppr about?

General Paper is an English paper in which u have to just write essays probably with a word limit i guess greater than 700 and the topics range from controversial to social,but one thing is clear they are all difficult.Its just a paper where they evaluate ur english plus the matter stuff by essays :D In the paper it self u have to write i think two essays !

Reaction score
General Paper is an English paper in which u have to just write essays probably with a word limit i guess greater than 700 and the topics range from controversial to social,but one thing is clear they are all difficult.Its just a paper where they evaluate ur english plus the matter stuff by essays :D In the paper it self u have to write i think two essays !
oh u mean just like Olevels english. and wat abt the language one?

Reaction score
oh u mean just like Olevels english. and wat abt the language one?

yeah its like english O level but u only get to write essays alone no directed writing or comprehensions and the topics are really difficult !

The english thing is a new sub started by CIE and its exams will commence from 2014 May june :D Still no idea abt its syllabus check CIEs website :D

Reaction score
yeah its like english O level but u only get to write essays alone no directed writing or comprehensions and the topics are really difficult !

The english thing is a new sub started by CIE and its exams will commence from 2014 May june :D Still no idea abt its syllabus check CIEs website :D
k. thank u so much for the info :)

Reaction score
Reaction score

hi, i just read this forum, and i was wondering why there arent any english A2 subjects ? I took olevel english and As english (scottish highers) and would like to complete my last year of alevel english, whats an alternative to this, if choosing from cie subjects.