• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Genre(s)

Reaction score
Let's talk about genres.
What are your favorite genres in visual arts, Literature, film, music, etc? You can explain why and give some examples :)

My favorite genre in Literature: Young Adults, Chicklit, Romance, Comedy, things that are serious and well-written? Like: Murakami Haruki's work and Christian Simamora's work (He's an Indonesian so yeah...)

My favorite genre in film: Romance/Comedy like My Best Friend's Wedding (Yes, an old movie. Julia Roberts') and simply just Romance like One Day.

My favorite genre in music: Basically Asian pop. But if I have to be more specific would be... Indie, Jazz and folk-pop or folk-rock. Like, Akdong Musician and Lim Kim. But then if you ask me what kind of western music that I like... Maybe like Krewella and Zedd.

Kind of anti-mainstream haha.

Anyways, how about yours? :) Just for fun.

Reaction score
uhhhh, well this is a really strange thread :D but anyways...
in literature, i guess action, historical fiction, science fiction... kinda like dan brown and james rollins books (angels and demons and the judas strain are my favs):p:p...
films me i guess action, adventure, crime, thriller are preferable (like dark knight, inception:whistle: etc) but i also like action comedies (johnny english, the a-team etc) and very rarely romantic too (the fault in our stars) (y)
Tv series me animes and detective (DBZ, sherlock, avatar :love:)
Music.... hmmmm... not sure of the genre but i like slow indian/pakistani songs.. no favs tho, keeps changing all the time :p:p
talking about anti main stream eh?? i dont like fantasy AT ALL :p harry potter and game of thrones to name a few :X3: