• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Getting paper rechecked..HELP!!

Reaction score
I got AABB in my AS level this year.
And one of my two B grades was in Sociology which disappointed me a lot. I had an A in my mock and an A* on 95% in O Level Sociology, so a B was pretty unexpected.
Getting to my point, many people are suggesting that I get my Sociology paper rechecked, many of the weaker students in my class got an A, plus my paper went good, and I was an expecting an A, at least in the 80s.
So does rechecking prove any fruitful? Should I go for it? Is it likely that my grade would be raised? Please share your experiences and suggestions.
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
if you are perfectly sure that you could have gotten better grade in sociology, then have it rechecked. Talk to your Councillor and ask him to send a copy of your mock result along with the application and an official letter through school concerning your doubts. InshAllah, you will get right grade.

Reaction score
if u r plannin to recheck your paper, please do tell da outcome. Cause i am plannin to get my bio paper rechecked since my result was also quite shocking to me i also got a B .

Reaction score
u can get it recheacked! but it can either raise or fall or remain same!!!!!!!!!!!!
try it on ur own risk!

Reaction score
@ princesszahra
Yes, I agree with that I read it in the form available at the British Council website that their ar e 3 scenarios to getting a paper rechecked,
a)the grade can fall
b)it remains the same
c)the grade rises

It's the grade falling part which is putting me off, of course.

Reaction score
@destined007

Sending a copy of my mock paper? how would that be possible? If that's the case and If it's possible then I am definitely going for a recheck, because my teacher said my mock paper was impressive, If it can somehow get my grade raised to an A that would be wonderful.

Reaction score
Mock papers can only be send through school. You can't send it yourself. Ask your school councilor. Also, ask your school to write a letter to CIE explaining something ike 'you are a brilliant student and you can't get bad grades. The mock is the prove......' blah blah.
One of my friends did the same thing and his AS C in eco was raised to A.

Reaction score
@destined007
is this really true???I mean can the school really do that and would the cie consider your mocks result and change your grades???This guy you were talking about had a C and an increase to an A is really a big jump....when did this happen??How much is the cost of rechecking??i live in pakistan btw..

Reaction score
I too live in Pakistan. Well it happened in my school don't know if it can happen to other schools too. My councilor is one of the best in Karachi, with good diplomatic relations with CIE management so maybe CIE listened to her I guess.

Reaction score
destined007 said:
princesszahra said:
u can get it recheacked! but it can either raise or fall or remain same!!!!!!!!!!!!
try it on ur own risk!
Grades don't fall.
i've seen it myself!!!
a friend who got her paper rechecked for getting a C got U after rechecking!

Reaction score
Here is the form if the school doesn't makes it available for you:

Attachments

• pakistan-eor-form-may-jun-2011.pdf
    79 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
In my opinion there really isn't a point in getting it rechecked since you don't even know what percentage/percentile you got since CIE hasn't released that information in this session.
To your second question ofcourse there is a fee involved and it's not easy on the pockets either.

Reaction score
well there is always a risk in getting a paper rechecked but i really think that i didnt do that bad in my exam to get a B which is obviously an 70% since i've always been really good in bio....there is a chance the cie made a mistake right??

Reaction score
@MAVtKnmJ: It's all about luck. A friend of mine got a B, and no percentages, and yet when he got only one component of his Islamiat paper rechecked, it turned out to be an A in the end.

Reaction score
They hardly ever make a mistake and if they do they hardly ever accept it :/ I've seen people who got a B on 89% in the old days and got their papers re-checked hoping to get a bump to 90% and an A grade, for some the bump was done but for some it didn't happen. So it's always a 50-50 with these things.

Now in your case you don't even know the exact % of your grade so I suggest you either repeat the subject or work harder in your A2 and secure an overall A, it can happen!