• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grade Thresholds for O levels oct nov 2012

Reaction score
Hello everyone, were the papers in oct nov 2012 session easier than the last years??? Particularly Islamiat, Urdu B, Mathematics, were they easier or difficult than the previous ones???? This may give us a idea about the grade thresholds , i heard they were difficult so the min for A* will be lower than last year???? Plz give ur ideas and opinions .:rolleyes:

Reaction score
As far as I have heard the minimum mark for A* will be lower....b/c the paper was more difficult than last year's
you think so??
i think they are much easier :D

Statistics p2 was extremely easy
mathematics as well posed no GREAT difficulty
accounts was tooo easy (p2)
only english i think was somewhat more difficult

Reaction score
Ok so was the paper difficult for math, islamiat or urdu? I have something 2 say, this year mahavuraat in urdu were quiet difficult and different from the previous years, so will the min for A* decrease in this case too???
Another thing that, this year islamiat paper 2 2058 was highly unexpected, so what are CIE gonna do in this matter too?

Reaction score
Definitely, A* for maths will be lower cause it's really difficult. And also biology, some questions were unexpected as well. Who knows.

Reaction score
well the pak.studies paper 1 for oct/nov 2012 was tougher than may/june 2012 and EVERYONE KNOWS THIS those who have given it and seen both papers. BUT PAPER 2 was toooooo easy completed it in an hour or less. Islamiat paper 11 was easier than may/june 2012 but paper 22 balanced that out a bit too much. hoping in islamiat an A or A* and pak.studies is a definite A*.

Reaction score
well the pak.studies paper 1 for oct/nov 2012 was tougher than may/june 2012 and EVERYONE KNOWS THIS those who have given it and seen both papers. BUT PAPER 2 was toooooo easy completed it in an hour or less. Islamiat paper 11 was easier than may/june 2012 but paper 22 balanced that out a bit too much. hoping in islamiat an A or A* and pak.studies is a definite A*.
U r correct about islamiat...... so so true. Cant say abt pk. std cuz did not give it. What abt urdu mahaveraat???

Reaction score
bro if you are doing GCE olevel then let me tell you that there are no gradethresholds in GCE olevel,A is on 80% and A* is 90%.

Reaction score
bro if you are doing GCE olevel then let me tell you that there are no gradethresholds in GCE olevel,A is on 80% and A* is 90%.
wrong....grade theresholds are not released for olevel subjects, but they are used in determining the grade of a candidate....Read the last page of the syllabuses of olevel subjects

Reaction score
wrong....grade theresholds are not released for olevel subjects, but they are used in determining the grade of a candidate....Read the last page of the syllabuses of olevel subjects

Reaction score
NO
Depending on the paper's difficulty compared with last year's, the grade threshold determined
It's not always 90percent or 80

Reaction score
but bro i gave these recent may/june paper 2012 and first i even believed that gradethresholds are there but when result come all those who did an 80% above paper got A grades and if you dont believe me then let your result come,you yourself will say that 80 was A and 90 was A*.
Secondly the syllabus say that min marks needed to get an A is 80% and dont trust this grade threshold thing,i am only talking about cie gce olevel not edexcel gce.

Reaction score
but bro i gave these recent may/june paper 2012 and first i even believed that gradethresholds are there but when result come all those who did an 80% above paper got A grades and if you dont believe me then let your result come,you yourself will say that 80 was A and 90 was A*.
Secondly the syllabus say that min marks needed to get an A is 80% and dont trust this grade threshold thing,i am only talking about cie gce olevel not edexcel gce.
do u live in pakistan, mauritus or any other country?

Reaction score
When the syllabus says, 80% is the minimum for an A. It also says 80% is the minimum percentage needed for an A on a uniform grade scale (that is eventually calculated once the marking is complete for all candidates).

Where you are going wrong is, those who think they did more than 80% need to get their thinking correct as to how marks are awarded.

Source: Experience of over a 100 cie and edexcel papers.

Reaction score
Hey.i just wanted to ask whether gade thresold for igcse and o'levels are the same as there syllabuses are almost same?????

Reaction score
zohaib may be this may/june 2012 gradethreshold would have been high,so that whats making me think that 80 was A maybe,as i gave these may 2012 paper and they were easier than previous years and secondly according to your exprience what is the percentage of A grade each year on an average.
Thementor i live in pakistan.

Reaction score
H
When the syllabus says, 80% is the minimum for an A. It also says 80% is the minimum percentage needed for an A on a uniform grade scale (that is eventually calculated once the marking is complete for all candidates).

Where you are going wrong is, those who think they did more than 80% need to get their thinking correct as to how marks are awarded.

Source: Experience of over a 100 cie and edexcel papers.
Hey zohaib!
I wanna ask that in math 4024 if a candidate loses 15 marks in P1 , so has he any chances of a A*???
Can u answer this according to the CIE method + ur experience??