• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grading help

Reaction score
Hey guys , I am really new to edexcel and I just gave my first A level papers , My only doubt is regarding the grading system for Edexcel because I have come across some people saying that the grade boundaries are fixed example : 80% is an A , while some people argue that the grade threshold varies . If you can please please just explain in simple terms , It would be very appreciated ! thaaanks :D
And if its not a pain can some one please explain how edexcel grades the papers

Reaction score
same as u...but u tell me hw many mistakes u thnk u hv in each unit...

Reaction score
same as u...but u tell me hw many mistakes u thnk u hv in each unit...

Reaction score
well for bio unit 1 I might loose approximately five marks , for bio unit 2 I will loose about five to six marks not more than eight , for chemistry unit 1 thirteen marks and for chemistry unit 2 I will loose around seven marks

Reaction score
well for bio unit 1 I might loose approximately five marks , for bio unit 2 I will loose about five to six marks not more than eight , for chemistry unit 1 thirteen marks and for chemistry unit 2 I will loose around seven marks
no doubt at all...
all are As for sure !

Reaction score
Awwww thaaanks , but can you tell me how you are so suree ?
from the grade boundries....losing 20 marks is minimum for an A almost every year......only smetimes its 15...but for chem I thnk its gonna be like losing 23 marks minimum for A and for bio maybe around 17......this is for unit 1.....unit 2 I guess is the same!

Reaction score
you made me really happy :D what about you ? did you do wellll ?
around 15 in both chem and bio unit 1...so still is A...
Physics around 27 marks....can be an A or a B....I hope for the best hehe cauz physics was hardest paper so i thnk the curve will help ...

Reaction score
Oh god I did physics and maths CIE Last year and I ended up with B's , they werent my best subjects but bio and chem are my favorite :D

Reaction score
Oh well lets hope for the best , I am still not so confident about my A's , but I will be praying that I get them :D BEST OF LUCK TO YOU TOO :D

Reaction score
yeah thx u 2....
If u rlly hv the mistakes u mentioned above...no way to be less than A trust me...the thing is that I am affraid that even more mistakes r there maybe, which i dont knw about...thats what scares me only!

Reaction score
Oh yeah same for me too , I cant be too sure but just to be more careful I am sure I am not loosing more than ten marks in bio unit 1 and 2 and chem unit 2, For unit 1 it has to be less than fifteen marks !