• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guess Paper/ Exams Tips (SCIENCES, ENGLISH AND MATHS ONLY!!)

Reaction score
to how many significant figures do you have to give answers in physics and chemistry atp??

Reaction score
to how many significant figures do you have to give answers in physics and chemistry atp??
Tricks to eliminate common mistakes

• use 4 sig. figures in calculations and round off to 3 in presentation(examiner report says this that to make final answer accurate student must use higher accuracy in working)
  • all the bearing should be 3 figures but one decimal place if not exactly whole number. All angles(in degrees) should be correct to one decimal place.
  • All angles in radians should be 3 decimal place of.(Add maths stuff, don't get confused if u dont know about radians ;) )
  • Write units during working.
  • always use standard units except when stated(such as 'give answer in cm/minute' )
  • try to write formula which u use. if convenient write reason/rule for each working. such as after any statement write (sine rule) if u used sine rule. in trignometry u can write like this ABC=180-70=110deg(ABC and BCD are supplementary). this makes sure u get working marks even if u made some very serious errors which leads to wrong answer
  • show as much working as possible
  • when examiner gives u 2 lines in bio/chem/phy theory paper that means that the examiner wants a very brief but right-to-the-point answer. writing long stories will earn no marks. Maybe the actual thing u meant to write is left outside given space, leaving it useless.
  • before writing answer check that u r about to answer what question demands, sometimes we write the value which we calculated to solve question in answer, leaving rest of the working. match units, if u are asked to write Power make sure u have written answer in Watts or KWH.
  • GOLDEN RULE: dont start question as soon as u read it, underline any important word that might be very important. study diagrams very carefully. then make a strategy for solving it. after u have arrived at u strategy then think 'is there any way due to which my method might be wrong?' then solve ur answer, this will eliminate 90% of ur mistakes.
source: my experiences of solving papers and then reading examiner reports.

Reaction score
Saad Mughal
here are two examples of best-fit lines
Untitled.png

IMPORTANT QUESTION:
Question:Why some values recorded do not lie on graph?
answer:
  • liquid from previous experiment remained
  • parallax error
  • any other error acording to the experiment
make sure that u give reasons for value being bigger if the point is above the line and vice versa

Reaction score
Saad Mughal
here are two examples of best-fit lines
View attachment 25060

IMPORTANT QUESTION:
Question:Why some values recorded do not lie on graph?
answer:
  • liquid from previous experiment remained
  • parallax error
  • any other error acording to the experiment
make sure that u give reasons for value being bigger if the point is above the line and vice versa

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Its not possible, he hasnt released the bio guess yet, how is it possible for the chem guess to be released?

Mercy!
I dont believe this to be the real Imran GP Btw Some Actual Friend who studies their told me some imp topics for ATP. I will forward u those

Reaction score
For english, watch movies, serials anything that'll boost your imagination :D When the CIE people speak of learning the proper formats, they talk about informal tone and formal tone. you should know which tone to use in which type of writing. I got an A* with all this.

Reaction score
All the guess paper threads are full of pst, urdu and islamiat etc.
It's a request that please talk about CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS, MATHS, ADDITIONAL MATHS, BIOLOGY, COMPUTER, ENGLISH ONLY.
Please talk about any tips u have for papers, ask any doubts u have for papers and if anybody thinks something is very expected please share. everybody's opinion and tips will be appreciated and I will personally try to clear any doubts if u have. Go ahead!!

Please pray that Allah gives all of us shining A*zz :D

Where exactly is Urdu's guess paper? I know its irrelevant in this thread but Im kinda helpless here. :confused:

Reaction score
hey guys! im reallly really freaked out for the papers ive done most of my paper practice and did the book thoroughly for the mocs what should i do now and does anyone have any idea when the guess papers wil come out