• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guessing questions on AS English Paper 2

Reaction score
I was hoping we all could help each other research about topics that could possibly come up in Section B of the exam o_O

Usually the questions are related to certain events in the year of the session, so the questions could be related to war? (civil war (Syria) and the nuclear war thing (North Korea)). I'll continue researching and keep this thread updated, but it would be nice to have help ^_^

Reaction score
I was hoping we all could help each other research about topics that could possibly come up in Section B of the exam o_O

Usually the questions are related to certain events in the year of the session, so the questions could be related to war? (civil war (Syria) and the nuclear war thing (North Korea)). I'll continue researching and keep this thread updated, but it would be nice to have help ^_^
WHAT?
Dude they test your writing skills not GK. It doesnt matter if you write about WW1 ot the Civil War or anything as long as you write well. Its an essay not a report, for crying out loud. :O

Reaction score

How do you figure? If that is true then it would be really awesome :)

Reaction score
WHAT?
Dude they test your writing skills not GK. It doesnt matter if you write about WW1 ot the Civil War or anything as long as you write well. Its an essay not a report, for crying out loud. :O
Yes I know they test your skills, but to write about a topic, you need to have SOME knowledge about it to begin with. I can't write about gun control if I have no idea about the subject at all. I can't write about politics, if I'm not up to date with the news.

Reaction score
How do you figure? If that is true then it would be really awesome :)
My english teacher told me that you had to basically be updated on the news half the time, be aware of major events that could come up as discursive or argumentative topics. Civil wars could or could not come, but it's better to be safe than sorry right? :)