• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guys please clear my conception in Manufacturing Account!!!

Reaction score
What is factory profit? and why is it added with the cost of production in the manufacturing account? How does profit increase cost of production its supposed to actually decrease it!!! and why is factory profit again added with the net profit in trading in the profit and loss account?? i mean its added with the cost and then again with the profit so whats the point ? cuz profit is decresed and then again decreased so its not supposed to have any effect!!!! anyone plz explain!!!

Reaction score
Re: Guys please clear my conception in Manufacturing Account

decreased and then again increased **

Reaction score

It must be remembered that manufacturing firms not only produce goods but also buy them at times if they think that's more profitable. When a firm is able to produce goods in such a way that it is cheaper than buying them, they often think of it as making a profit (on manufacturing). They add a certain percentage of mark-up on the cost of production at the end (based on the profit they think they've earned) and then transfer it to the trading account.

Reaction score

**h.randall has a pretty decent explanation regarding m.profit.

Reaction score

okay i understand what the profit means. but can i get a more comprehensive explanation why it is added to the cost of production?

Reaction score

cuz adding the profit to the cost of production will actually increase the cost of production which will eventually decrease the net proft!