• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Having Accounting and Ict help? Post here

Reaction score
Here is the question....
Paul purchased a motor vehicle for $15 000. He estimated that it would be used for 5 years and then be sold for $2000. Paul decided to spread the depreciation of the motor vehicle equally over its working life at the rate of 20 % per annum.
What is the accumulated depreciation at the end of year 2?
A. $4680 B. $5200 C. $5400 D. $6000

Can anyone pls tell me hw to get the correct answer i.e B…...I want the working. Pls Pls Pls Pls… Help me!!

Reaction score
Oh like how is ur image is it being distorted or already tiled? OKay nevermind tell me whether u reduced the image
size in step 32 ? Or did u reduce the image resolution? If u reduce the image size then that would be easier and automatically tiled.. but if u did image resoution then urs is wrong.. Step 32 is the important one.. so redo the step 32 !

I GUESS I HELPED YOU.. PRESS THE THANK BUTTON IF I DID! THANKS FOR POSTING HERE!!!!

Reaction score
Achmerd!!

Its easy no need to worry!

1) Use the formula [ Cost of asset - Residual value ] / No of expected years
Cost of the asset -------> $ 15,000
Residual Value / Scrap value -----------> $ 2000
No of expected years -------------> 5 years

15000 - 2000 / 5 = $ 2600 per year

In the question 2 years so $ 2600 x 2 = $ 5200

I GUESS I HELPED YOU.. PRESS THE THANK BUTTON IF I DID! THANKS FOR POSTING HERE!!!!

Reaction score
Thanks V much excited!!!
i used the formular but i didnt multiple it by 2... thats y i didnt get the ans...
Anyway, once again thanks alot ... :)

Reaction score
does anyone have notes for all the formats or like good summary notes for accounting like partnerships appropriation and everything in good summarised version. Also does anyone have a good set of notes for html, we have to use notepad even though we have frontpage and all ..

Reaction score
excited said:
Oh like how is ur image is it being distorted or already tiled? OKay nevermind tell me whether u reduced the image
size in step 32 ? Or did u reduce the image resolution? If u reduce the image size then that would be easier and automatically tiled.. but if u did image resoution then urs is wrong.. Step 32 is the important one.. so redo the step 32 !

im still confused.. the question wants it without tiling and im still confused which app should i use 2 edit the images.. ive resized the image using microsoft photo editor but thats all i can do and the webpage still doesnt look like the one from the markscheme :unknown: :(

Reaction score
devrath210

Providing notes is simple but I advice u to write notes by yourself rather than asking summary notes from others.. I took accounting and got A* .. I tell u from my experience accounting is damn simple!! Do more more more pastpapers.. Inshallah U get A*.. And remember to focus more in theory part paper 1 is also hard do more pastpapers.. :good: :good: :good: :good: Summarise notes by yourself that is important for revising 15 min b4 exaam.. Drink :beer: :beer: and enjoy STUDYING!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
If u are doing IGCSE accounting the format will be given.. If u r doing Cambridge O-level I do not know abt that.. But usually overall there is no format for disposal account.. The format matters only for provision for depreciation !! Disposal account matters only whether the company/business gains profit or incurred loss.. So, need of format for that!!

THANK ME IF I HELPED U!! :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

Reaction score
Can any1 help me to solve this ques.!!!! (plspls pls any help appriciated!!!)

QUESTION

Ahmed started business on 1 May 2006 with a capital of $10,000. He balanced his sales ledger control account on 30 April 2007. It showed a balance of $18,000 and the balance did not agree with the total individual balances. When he examined ther records, the following errors were found and corrected.

1) The sales daybook had been overvalued by $2,000.
2) Cash discount, $89 allowed to Ali has been entered on the wrong side of the control account.
3) Goods sold on credit , $800 had not been entered in the sales ledger.
4) Payment of $450 made by Aksham, a credit customer had been omitted from the books.

REQUIRED:- Prepare an amended sales ledger control account

Ahmed's balances also showed the following on 30 April 2007
Creditor's control account balance = $10,500
Equipment = $8000
Cash = $100
Bank ( Cr ) = $300
Drawings = $600

Calculate Ahmed's NETPROFIT or LOSS for the year ended 30 April 2007.

Reaction score
mido4help said:
This is igcse or AL Question.
if it's igcse from which year is question coming from
not frm any. its from our school past paper ques. i donot have any markin schemes...