• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Heard about MERS coronavirus? o.O

Reaction score
Saudi authorities confirm 10 more deaths from the mysterious MERS virus, putting the death toll since the disease first surfaced at 102.

Eight deaths were reported Sunday after two on Saturday.

The nation's health ministry says there are now 339 confirmed cases of MERS since it was first found in Saudi Arabia two years ago.

One case also has been confirmed in Egypt, in a man who recently traveled to Saudi Arabia.

Saudi pharmacists report a run on masks, hand sanitizers and other disinfectants. Some parents are keeping their children home from school. Three hospitals in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam have been designated as special MERS treatment centers.

MERS, or Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, is related to the SARS virus, which has killed more than 800 people worldwide.

But experts know little about MERS and there is no known vaccine. They are unsure how the virus is transmitted, but believe it may have originated in camels.

[ April 27, 2014 5:04 PM ]

Last edited:
Reaction score
heard about the virus rapidly spreading in saudi arabia where i used to live and will be returning to sooner. everyone there is catching flu according to my father over there and who is a doc himself

Reaction score
Everybody should just pray to Allah asking Him for His mercy upon you!:)(y)

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas(ra) reports:

“One day I was riding (a horse/camel) behind the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when he said, ‘Young man, I will teach you some words. Be mindful of God, and He will take care of you. Be mindful of Him, and you shall find Him at your side. If you ask, ask of God. If you need help, seek it from God. Know that if the whole world were to gather together in order to help you, they would not be able to help you except if God had written so. And if the whole world were to gather together in order to harm you, they would not harm you except if God had written so. The pens have been lifted, and the pages are dry.’ ”
Related by Tirmidhi