• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

hello:) have tips how to start studying A level psychology?

Reaction score
im in 9th grade, what can i do from now?
now im interested in abnormal(mostly psychosis), suicidal and homicidal ideation, and also Dement & Kleitman (1957): Sleep & Dreams (REM)

thankyou
hey i think you should buy books of grade nine before hand and check the syllabus for first term so you could start studying before hand plus your interest in abnormal ideations is okay at this age but you need to start practicing to avoid it as later it will become a forceful distraction from your studies. And if you don't want to be studying before so at least do one thing that is essential, start reading books and novels as the level for grade 9th English is high and develop a habit of making a word bank because for good essays and stuff you will need strong vocabulary. Moreover if you are taking interest in violence like you mentioned above i am sure its not what your studies be related with , it will start off soft so you really need to work on that before hand as it will make you lose interest . need any more information do tell !
good day!

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey i think you should buy books of grade nine before hand and check the syllabus for first term so you could start studying before hand plus your interest in abnormal ideations is okay at this age but you need to start practicing to avoid it as later it will become a forceful distraction from your studies. And if you don't want to be studying before so at least do one thing that is essential, start reading books and novels as the level for grade 9th English is high and develop a habit of making a word bank because for good essays and stuff you will need strong vocabulary. Moreover if you are taking physics and chemistry you really need to work on that before hand as it gets hard suddenly. need any more information do tell !
good day!
PS: if generally you need to work on now is basically physics , chemistry and English and revise grade 8th math concepts well as they will be repeated in most chapters.

Reaction score
PS: if generally you need to work on now is basically physics , chemistry and English and revise grade 8th math concepts well as they will be repeated in most chapters.
thank you! i'll start reading and writing, but i dont understand why physics , chemistry?