• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help about subject selection needed!!!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just did my O-levels. In O-levels my subjects were Phy,Chem,Bio,Eng,Urdu,Pak std and Islamiat. Now, I'll be starting my AS-level soon. I need few suggestions/advices to select subjects. I selected Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computing/ICT. I took Computing/ICT so that my fieds would be more wide. One of my friend is saying to take Ecnomics instead of computing/Ict. So, wht shld I do?? Which subject would be best for me?? Plz advise me as soon as possible.....

Reaction score
Thank you Uxair for replying....Plz tell me the options/fields that are open to ecnomics....and secondly, if I take computing/ICT, wouldn't I have better chances to do software/computer engineering etc....

Reaction score
hey uxair.. yar i jux did ma o lvlx n ma sbjctx were same as brainstorm123..i got 6A's..
now i am planning 2 take comerce subjects in as levelx.. i need ur advice .. shud i chnge my sbjcts or stick wid phy,chm n maths??i have heard 4rm many ppl dat if i take commerce subjects in as lvl it will get vry vry difficult 4 me cox i aven't studied em in o lvlx.. plx help me

Reaction score
brainstorm123 said:
Hello everyone,
I just did my O-levels. In O-levels my subjects were Phy,Chem,Bio,Eng,Urdu,Pak std and Islamiat. Now, I'll be starting my AS-level soon. I need few suggestions/advices to select subjects. I selected Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computing/ICT. I took Computing/ICT so that my fieds would be more wide. One of my friend is saying to take Ecnomics instead of computing/Ict. So, wht shld I do?? Which subject would be best for me?? Plz advise me as soon as possible.....
have u decided to live in pak? if so, then phy chem math bio is the best combination out there.
if u have chances of going abroad, then economics is cool!
xoraix khan said:
hey uxair.. yar i jux did ma o lvlx n ma sbjctx were same as brainstorm123..i got 6A's..
now i am planning 2 take comerce subjects in as levelx.. i need ur advice .. shud i chnge my sbjcts or stick wid phy,chm n maths??i have heard 4rm many ppl dat if i take commerce subjects in as lvl it will get vry vry difficult 4 me cox i aven't studied em in o lvlx.. plx help me
completely depends on ur own interest and ur future field. if u havnt decided anything yet, then again phy chem math bio is best!

Reaction score
brainstorm123 said:
Hello everyone,

why didn't you choose maths :oops:
i must suggest you to pick maths as your 4th subject
if you are not going for maths then you wont be able to get into engineering field
physics, chemistry, biology opens to medical field
so if you pick physics , chemistry , biology , maths in A-level it would open you to both engineering and medical field and that's the BEST combination in A-level i guess

forgien universities gives more credit to ecnomics
eg. London school of ecnomics

xoraix khan said:

as far as i know i have never heard of the subject commerce in AS level
but in O-level commerce is one of the easiest subjects

Reaction score
Sorry!!! I wrote wrong combination....My subject combination is Phy, Chem, Mathematics and Computing/ICT.......So, I'm confused about the fourth subject that should I take Computing/ICT or Ecnomics.....Plz guide me!!! I want to do engineering...What subject would be best for me Computing/ICT or Ecnomics????

Reaction score
please check and edit the post before posting it to correct the error and to save mess

xoraix khan said:
ooppss.. sry i was talking bout business subjects ..

business studies aswell is not a difficult subject , but it may take time for you because you are not having O-level background in it
i have seen many students scoring A's in business studies in A-level without having any O-level background in business studies
brainstorm123 said:
Sorry!!! I wrote wrong combination....My subject combination is Phy, Chem, Mathematics and Computing/ICT.......So, I'm confused about the fourth subject that should I take Computing/ICT or Ecnomics.....Plz guide me!!! I want to do engineering...What subject would be best for me Computing/ICT or Ecnomics????

i would suggest you to Go for ecnomics as it is given more credit than computing/ICT

Reaction score
wat about economics n accounting?? i ave heard dat it vyl get vry difficult for me 2 get good grades in dese subjects in as levels as i aven't studied these subjects in o levels..

Reaction score
xoraix khan said:
wat about economics n accounting?? i ave heard dat it vyl get vry difficult for me 2 get good grades in dese subjects in as levels as i aven't studied these subjects in o levels..

yes
in my opinion it would be hell difficult for you to handle three subjects in which you are not having O-level background
pick only one of them and it would be fine
and you must go for ecnomics because it is credited the most out of three!

Reaction score
If you wants engineering then there is no need of economics.
three subjects are enough
Maths
physics
chemistry.
if you still want to choose 4th subject then why not further maths
as it will help you and give you more preference as well rather than choosing any other subject.