• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help in MATH PLZ (MATH ANGEL)

Reaction score
HOW TO GET THE EQUATION OF THE LINE OF SYMMETRY OF THE CURVE (Y=X^2-4X+1)
PLZ HELP ME IN THIS QUESTION
(MARKING SCHEME WROTE THAT X= CONSTANT, X=2)

Reaction score
Well , you reach the end of the curve , from that function mentioned in your post ( Y = X^2 - 4X + 1 ) , the point ( 2 , -3 ) would be the lowest point of the curve , x = 1 will give you Y of -2 , and x = 3 would give you y of -2 as well , that means that the Axis of Symmetry , Middle axis lies between them , and that would be the highest point , (2,-3) , so the axis of Symmetry in the curve which X increases in , would be a Y axis .. in other words the Line that is perpendicular on X axis.. the whole Y axis is perpendicular on X axis , where X = 2 , The Symmetry = All Y , so X = 2.

Reaction score
seif9000 said:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Hope you understood whatever I wrote o.o it is quite hard for me to understand whatever I wrote over here ... Math_Angel would explain it better than me , I am sure of it.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I am sorry , i say ur post now :( anyway SuperXDE JazakAllah Khairan for helping seif9000 anyways hope u understood , if not let me know! :)

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
I am sorry , i say ur post now :( anyway SuperXDE JazakAllah Khairan for helping seif9000 anyways hope u understood , if not let me know! :)

Jazaana Wa Eyakoum , ¬¬ Did you understand anything from my post?!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly speaking , when I saw that you have already answered it and seif9000 understood it too ,i didnt read it all , though i will look forward to it in case seif9000 has any doubt in it!!! :p