• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help in physics 34

Reaction score
Mine one did support :O as length decreased so did the velocity :O i am dead if that is wrong :O and reat same as mine except that my diameter was 5 :)

Reaction score
Mine one did support :O as length decreased so did the velocity :O i am dead if that is wrong :O and reat same as mine except that my diameter was 5 :)
it does not matter whether yours was supported or not. depends on the errors in your experiment and your justification as to why it was or was not supported.
Yup, my reading decreased as well and for two of my friends as well. but some people on another forum are saying it had to increase. :/

Reaction score
Gradient= 3.something
Y-intercept= -4.something
Diameter= 0.375 cm
Suggested relationship not supported (percentage uncertainty in the values of k= 24%, criterion= 15%)
same result as mine
velocity increased as i cut the pipe
am i wrong??

Reaction score
my gradient was coming out at several hundreds :( and my relationship was not supportive. My speed was 84cms-1 for uncut, 70cms-1 for cut. Also, for Q1, i had 3 points not on my straight line and 3 on, is that alright? and my y-intercept was coming out to be -1.7 :(

Reaction score
my gradient was coming out at several hundreds :( and my relationship was not supportive. My speed was 84cms-1 for uncut, 70cms-1 for cut. Also, for Q1, i had 3 points not on my straight line and 3 on, is that alright? and my y-intercept was coming out to be -1.7 :(

it almost correct! did you use 'cm' in drawing the x-axis? If yes, your gradient must be right. :) + they check your gradient and y-intercept according to your own graph. y-intercept was negative, so no need to worry. my velocity was also decreasing. :) and the line of best fit should have a balance of points about it. if it does not, you only lose one mark for it.

Reaction score
yes I did because they never specified to use meter or cm ;/ thanks though, you really cheered me up there! :D
it almost correct! did you use 'cm' in drawing the x-axis? If yes, your gradient must be right. :) + they check your gradient and y-intercept according to your own graph. y-intercept was negative, so no need to worry. my velocity was also decreasing. :) and the line of best fit should have a balance of points about it. if it does not, you only lose one mark for it.

Reaction score

You are right gradient was around 300

Reaction score
i think points all come under the line of best fit