• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help me in choosing subjects

Reaction score
Hi all
i am facing gr8 problem in choosing subjects my interest is in engg. i have 3 options

1. go for BIO, STATS, COMP but also study add math and dropping it in syndicate
2. GO for all these except BIO
3. Leaving STATS

help me if other solution is there anyone pleease help me :cry: :cry: :cry: :geek: :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :(

Reaction score
If you're interested in Engineering then Biology will not be a good idea. So, drop that out of the list. Secondly, Additional Mathematics is not a subject you should leave if you want to do engineering. Thirdly Statistics is an optional. Many people do it as an extra subject. Its not at all hard provided that you're good at maths(you should be if you're opting for engineering). As for computers, i haven't got any such feedback from anyone who did computer studies that it is hard. You may drop Statistics out of the list though.

Reaction score
Computing is easy if you do the Project early, the actual syllabus you can study in over 3 days :D
Statistics is also easy, if you are capable of doing additional maths then stats shud be easy.

Reaction score
i think u should go for computers and add maths!
As if u r going to apply for engg then bio will not be of much use!!
n Add maths will surely help u in ur further studies!!

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Subjects like AddMaths & Physics help sharpen your skills, reduce your reaction times and improve your response rates.
Its only a subject but it helps in every aspect of life like football, driving and so on.
I would strongly recommend going for 'Option B'.

Reaction score
isn't it good to study bio and add math bt not to give syndicate...............

Add math will help me in Maths of A-lEvls and Bio will give me basic knowledge of LIFE/................

should i give add math??????????????/

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah! You should definitely give Add-Maths.
Add-Maths, Physics, Biology & Economics are considered the most powerful subjects.
I don't find any trouble with any of the options but Biology would be such a waste of time if
you want to become an Engineer whereas Add-Maths and Statistics are gonna help you throughout.
Its a tough decision! Don't screw this up..

Reaction score
Dude, whoever is saying that you don't need Bio for engineering.. Go outside of pakistan.. There are fields called Biological Engineering... Stats honestly, give it if you want an extra A/A*, it is not required at all for engineering. Computing is VERY good if you have it along with Addmath. Drop stats if you don't feel like giving it. Otherwise, go for all of them. These subjects aren't as hard as everyone makes them to be. Its like if 50 of your friends tell you that Nirvana is a horrible band, no matter what, when you listen to it, you will think it is a horrible band. Its called peer pressure and how we are influenced by our peers. Relax, take it easy, go for them all. They're not hard at all. And.. what about your other subjects? Since you only posted 3.. You might be choosing them for A levels.. but.. this is an O levels forum.. and for engineering Math and Physics are a must..

Reaction score
i think there was a law sort of passed by the inter board that the candidates appearing in june 09 and onwards have to opt for biology if they are going to do engineering .. i dont kow exactly but thats what happeed wiht us but i didnt want to study engineerig so i had accounts, donot drop out addmaths .

Reaction score
if u want 2 go for engnn then u dont need bio
however add maths will help u out a lot in engg,a-levez as well as improvin ur d-math
stats iz an extra subject so its ur own choice

Reaction score
I am neutral coz i have covered about 75% of its syllabus....................

Reaction score
Even if you choose to ignore me.. Dude.. Don't take stats, go for Everything but stats including bio. Bio is necessary for engineering if you don't have computers. Plus for universities it makes you more of a versatile candidate.. Meaning.. you have better chances of getting in.. Don't listen to everyone else.. they're stuck in pakistan, if you want to go abroad, go for bio. I'm telling you something from my own experience. Go for Bio.

Reaction score
what if i go for all 4 COmp. stats bio add math????????????????????

Reaction score
thanx........... WEll i will try to make good decision